PG Music Home
Posted By: FLCntryGuy Mom's Song - 05/12/13 12:18 PM
This is a song I wrote many years ago, and finally put it down.

Mom's Song

Enjoy!

BnB 2013
ProTools 10
2 Acoutic Campfire
2 Acoustic with Bass.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mom's Song - 05/12/13 02:05 PM
Jim, I really enjoyed that. The arpeggio guitar sounds beautiful.

This is not necessarily a negative observation but, 5+ minutes may be a tad long. It's not written in stone but 3-4 minutes seems to be the norm, especially if you expect to get airplay. Someone may argue that thus and such song is 12 - 13 minutes but that is not the typical or average length of a commercially successful song.

Just sayin'
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Mom's Song - 05/12/13 05:34 PM
Jim,

Very nice tribute to your Mom! I do agree with Don about the length of the song, but I doubt your Mom would agree! smile

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mom's Song - 05/12/13 05:45 PM
I really like your vocals, arrangement and mix.

The song length does not bother me. It tells a story all the way through and thus is not a boring repetitive song. The change in guitars near the ending is a real plus.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mom's Song - 05/12/13 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Jim,

Very nice tribute to your Mom! I do agree with Don about the length of the song, but I doubt your Mom would agree! smile

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

I'm with Steve, heck I'd bet Mom would not care if it was 10 minutes long. Nice Job.

Later,
Posted By: RickeG Re: Mom's Song - 05/18/13 02:13 AM
I have to admit my first thought was along the lines of Don's when I saw the song length. The only guitarist/songwriter that kept my attention for that long was Harry Chapin.
However, the song has a sweetness to it. Your vocal blends with the guitar picking very well to where it is a very nice song.

There is also something about the simplicity of a voice and acoustic guitar when singing songs with this theme that makes it very sentimental for the listener.

Very good job!
Cheers!
RickeG
© PG Music Forums