PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson Come back with me. - 05/12/13 04:22 PM
removed because I heard the artifacts mentioned by steve also
Alyn,

I enjoyed the song. It is probably my internet connection, but I was hearing an awful lot of artifacts in the sound quality. I will give it another listen later on.

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/17/13 09:39 PM
Hi Alyn,

I hope you post your song again. I just popped in to have a listen and found it gone! I'm too slow.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: gibson Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/22/13 05:12 AM
I will repost, Noel. But I had a mini stroke (well mini for the Doctor but not so much for me!)almost as I posted my last comment.I was in hospital, well a corridor waiting for attention, 2 hours later. I was then in the corridor for 4 more hours and was discharged, after 40 minutes of rather perfunctory examinations with a shed full of medication.
Nothing wrong with NHS Wales PAH!
The emergency room (Casualty)was full of drunks which made the wait entertaining at least!!
No major problems as speech unaffected but my left arm now has a mind of its own but slowly getting better!

Alyn
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/22/13 06:21 AM
Hi Alyn,

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your stroke. I hope everything comes back to normal for you. Never give up. The brain's an incredibly amazing device and is capable of miracles.

The link below is to a woman who had a stroke. What makes her story all the more powerful is that she is a brain scientist and through the whole event of having a stroke, she was analysing herself. She has a fantastic story to tell. I found it very uplifting. It might be interesting to you smile

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Best wishes,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Alyn,

I hope you post your song again. I just popped in to have a listen and found it gone! I'm too slow.

All the best,
Noel

Ditto Noel

later,
Alyn,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It must have been quite scary.

The users showcase wouldn't be the same without our "Gibson" so get well or we'll have to send someone over with the leeches. (just kidding)

I'll be praying for your speedy and full recovery.
Posted By: gibson Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/23/13 04:38 AM
Danny. Josie, THANKS for the kind words. They made me feel quite emotional

Alyn
Posted By: ROG Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/23/13 08:11 AM
Hey Alyn.

Just picked up the news from Josie's shout box.

Take care of yourself and get back to full strength soon.

ROG.
Alyn,

Come Back With Us!!! (A steely Alyn tribute)

Get strong. Get well.

floyd
Alyn, I too, got the news through Josie's shout.

You already know that I am here for you if you think that you could benefit from a badly bent (but not broken) Irishman.

It is not the end, merely a re-start. You are emotionally much stronger for this experience.

New doors have been swung wide open. You need only to step across the threshold to grasp them.

All the best toward your complete and speedy recovery, my friend.
Alyn,
wow, serious news. Take care of yourself my friend! We'll wait patiently while you recover, but then you have to repost your song. Until then I hope you stay active on the forum. Your presence adds value, and we appreciate that.
They all said it well. We wish you a most speedy recovery.
Posted By: seeker Re: Come back with me. A steely Dan tribute!! - 05/25/13 10:35 PM
Alyn,

Whoa, what a happening working with your music.

Listen to your Doc, and also family, listen to them.

Also Don's comments are not your casual advice listen to him.

Hang in there, be strong and get well!
© PG Music Forums