PG Music Home
Posted By: RickeG A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/17/13 04:46 AM
I am loving BIAB 2013. Got a bunch of new styles and Real Tracks to dive into. Love the variety as well. Hope you enjoy some of the ideas I have come up with. Having a very short attention span, each song is different from the last.
http://soundcloud.com/rickeg
The titles are:
Muddy the Waters,
That Shoe's Got Soul,
Where to... Jorge?

Cheers!
RickeG
Posted By: boehm Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/17/13 02:05 PM
Hi Ricke,

you do a nice job on the guitar.
The songs are really very different from
each other.
I suggest not to use the horn session too often.
Their recognition value is too high.

Guenter
Posted By: RickeG Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/18/13 01:54 AM
Thank you, Guenter!
I agree with you on the brass. There are not too many MIDI style brass instruments that can really capture guys like Matt Finley! smile Matt, you are still guarenteed a job! But, we make do with what we have got. I found them to be a little too busy where it was challenging to write a melody without stepping over their parts. It was an experiment to see how it would fly.

Thanks for replying!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/18/13 10:46 AM
Ricke,

That's quite a varied mix of styles! All nicely done. Really good mixes.
I particularly like "Muddy the Water" (great name). Is the guitar lead you or an RT? Whichever.. it's sweet....

floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/18/13 12:30 PM
Great mixes and like Floyd asked, are you playing lead?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/18/13 01:23 PM
Hi Ricke,

I'm sitting here at the moment listening to "Muddy The Waters". The first thought that splashed into my mind was "Wow! This sounds so good!" That thought was rapidly followed by "The sound of the guitar is excellent. I wonder how he's done that." That's when I stopped thinking and just sat back and listened.

"Muddy The Waters" is incredibly well mixed and very very tastefully arranged, performed and assembled.

It's two vigorous thumbs up from me smile

I'm just heading off to listen to the others now.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/18/13 07:04 PM
Hey Ricke,

Just checked out Muddy, Shoe, and Jorge. When Muddy got started I actually shouted out YEAH! Sounds like you took Lucille out of the closet and made her shout like BB. Same with Shoe.

I'm a tremendous fan of Latin Jazz a la Jorge - I could go on to the point of apoplexy about the abandonment of the category by the Grammy Awards (luckily, they restored it a year ago after a two year absence).

You gotta learn how to do proper endings, man. Fade-outs, held chords, etc. There's a beautiful and simple trick to it. Anyone similarly interested, just ask.

Aleck
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/19/13 07:31 PM
hi rickyg I like the muddy waters one as well great job on the guitar enjoyed very muck very creative styles on all tunes thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Danny C. Re: A handful of more BIAB tunes! - 05/21/13 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Ricke,

I'm sitting here at the moment listening to "Muddy The Waters". The first thought that splashed into my mind was "Wow! This sounds so good!" That thought was rapidly followed by "The sound of the guitar is excellent. I wonder how he's done that." That's when I stopped thinking and just sat back and listened.

"Muddy The Waters" is incredibly well mixed and very very tastefully arranged, performed and assembled.

It's two vigorous thumbs up from me smile

I'm just heading off to listen to the others now.

All the best,
Noel

Big +1

Sounds like you are having fun.

Later,
© PG Music Forums