PG Music Home

I wrote a song called Father of love sometime back. I had the song updated with BIAB 2013. It was 7 min long now it is under 5 min. Take a listen. Let me know what you think. Post comments on YouTube if possible. But you can also let me know what you thin here. here is the URL

Father of Love
I like the Christian Rock sound and you did a good job cutting down the arrangement - it doesn't sound too long now. How'd you do the black background in the video? I might try that.
Good song, only nit pick is that, to my ears anyway, the tracks were overpowering for the vocal. I also had a little trouble staying focused for the entire 4:51.

Was this pre-recorded and lipsynced just for the video? I ask this as I see a disconnect here and there from the audio and the video, especially at the 3:14 and a little later marks. Plus no matter how far away or what dierction you move from the mic the volune and tone stays true. Maybe just a great mic.

Look it was a strong vocal no matter how you did it, so please do not read anything else into my question other than I am just asking because I am curious.

Good song.

Later,
I bought a queen size black sheet at Wal-Mart for $14.00 Tacked it up in front of a closet with Velcro strips some on the wall the corresponding ones on the back of the sheet, fastened them down and pointed my video camera. Some things though. You have to make sure that there is plenty of light in the room, if you have a camera with back-lighting use it and also if there is a light on the front of your camera use that also. Record in the highest quality video that your computer can handle. I am experimenting with using different lights although I didn't in this one I am going to be experimenting with others. If you would like to get a good quality use a back light, side light, and front light. This will give you good lighting and make sure to use the bright lights with no coating that will make you look yellow. Anyhow just use a large black sheet with Velcro strips.
I recorded the actual audio when the video was shot. I had to synch it with the actual audio though because I wanted a better sound quality. If I had a better camera I would have been able to do it with just the singing, but the mice for that are very expensive as to where I paid $150.00 for my mic. It's good enough for me right now. I recorded the track on my VF08 Digital multitracker, used a nice karaoke effect on the vocal. Mixed all the instrumental tracks in Music creator 6. As far as the lead guitar I used a doubler effect up to 6 Times that is why the guitar sounds like this. Yes, for your original question the tracks are synced.
Nice job on that, Bob. Clever idea for doing the video.
Felt that the song was just "cryin' out for harmonies. I would think that with your vocal range you could do "the whole choir". - floyd
© PG Music Forums