PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic I Stand Amazed - 06/14/13 02:49 AM
I took the suggestions of raising vocal and adding more reverb, what do you think

New Version
I Stand Amazed New

Original Version
I Stand Amazed Original
Posted By: ROG Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/14/13 11:46 AM
Hi Robert.

I think it could still stand more reverb, but of course you've heard my stuff so I was always going to say that!

Seriously, the voice still sounds dryer than the piano. Perhaps you could try increasing the room size, rather than just more of the same setting?

Still a great song though.

ROG.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/14/13 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Robert.

I think it could still stand more reverb, but of course you've heard my stuff so I was always going to say that!

Seriously, the voice still sounds dryer than the piano. Perhaps you could try increasing the room size, rather than just more of the same setting?

Still a great song though.

ROG.

ditto. To my ear these 2 versions sound the same
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/14/13 07:17 PM
Hi Robert
I only listened to the new version and it sounded lovely. I enjoyed the simplicity of the piano backing
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/15/13 04:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback! God bless!
Posted By: musicproducer Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/15/13 12:55 PM
Sounds very nice! I used to be afraid of verb because it was fashionable in some circles to mix acoustic music dry. No more! All that to say the verb is dandy.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/15/13 04:53 PM
Robert,

I too am having trouble finding much difference between the two post. So I guess I still like them both.

Later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/15/13 09:27 PM
Robert, as always I love your writing abilities, arrangement and lyrics, and your vocals. However I can’t tell the different between these two versions either. I agree that more reverb is needed on the vocals. I also think your vocal should be more up front.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Stand Amazed - 06/15/13 11:14 PM
Thanks guys, the help is appreciated!
© PG Music Forums