PG Music Home
Posted By: joden Removed on advice - 06/26/13 11:42 PM
Sorry folks, on the advice of a good m8 in the biz, I am removing these from public view. He reckons it is too dangerous to post publicly without a writing deal somewhere.

Sincere apologies. These ARE my songs, but this guy really knows his stuff.

Dennis
Posted By: Noel96 Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 06:19 AM
Hi Dennis,

Congratulations on getting your first original song posted! In my opinion, the first one is the hardest one smile

I really like this groove. I also compliment you on an inventive use of reverb and your performance. This is a well written song in my book!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 07:44 AM
Hi Dennis
I enjoyed listening. The subject matter is very thought provoking.
Posted By: boehm Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 02:40 PM
Hi Dennis,

congrats on your first original.
A 3/4 with percussion is rather experimental.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: dani48 Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 04:13 PM
Hi, Dennis !

A nice tune about a delicate matter !
I hope that Melissa has broken free from
that kind of surrounding nowadays !
I cannot accept any kind of bullying
of women !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: floyd jane Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 04:24 PM
Dennis,

The soundcloud file won't play for me (it doesn't seem to load). Apparently, not a problem for other people - and I don't have a problem with any other soundcloud files...
Posted By: joden Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 05:34 PM
Hi Floyd Jane....hmmm I don't know what is happening then. As you note others can get play, and I have had a good look at the site and I can't find anything obvious, or that stands out...

Can you say exactly what message you are getting?

Dennis
Posted By: joden Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 05:36 PM
@ Jo, yes it is thought provoking, and really frustrating when the recipient of the abuse, cannot seem to walk away.

@ Guenter - close m8, it's a 9/8 (_SlipJig Celtic SlipJig 9/8)

@ Dani thanks. No she is still caught up in it, not much anyone can do until she decides to do it for herself. Which is not likely.

Thanks guys for taking the time to listen and make comments. I appreciate it.

Dennis
Posted By: Danny C. Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 06:12 PM
Joden,

One heck of a first effort . . . I am hearing a Leonard Cohen vibe here and that sir is a compliment.

Later,
Posted By: joden Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 06:46 PM
WOW!!! blush Thanks heaps Danny. That indeed is a very high compliment and is much appreciated.
Personally, I would not even DREAM to make a comparison between myself and the great man, but I do understand the spirit in which your comment was made, and I can only say I am humbled (truly!) by your very kind words.

Cheers
Dennis
Posted By: gruverider Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/27/13 11:08 PM
very interesting chords, I would like to know about the instruments you chose and the tempo as well.

great opening line, drew me right in.
Posted By: joden Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/28/13 12:05 AM
Hi gruverider,

Firstly, thanks heaps for taking time to listen and comment smile

I am a keyboard player, and couldn't really play guitar to save my life, and as I really only wanted guitar as the comping instrument, I chose to make it all BIAB.

It is the style _SLIPJIG Celtic SlipJig 9:8 ...

Thanks re the comment on the opening line but I really must give major kudos to the the guy who played the guitar part for PG Music - it was that, that truly "made" it.

Dennis
Posted By: Sundance Re: First original tune using BIAB - 06/28/13 12:53 AM
Very nice first original song post Dennis. Like your vocal sound and the instruments you used.

I'm one who likes to see the lyrics so I don't have to guess if I miss something. smile

Keep 'em coming.
© PG Music Forums