PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/28/13 09:05 PM
The lyrics for this one were written by Alta Florence, I have permission for the song. The arrangement was done using all Band in a Box Real Tracks. The Style is CWALZPS Country Waltz with Pedal Steel:

The style instruments were:

Bass: 1123
Drums=Nashville Classic Waltz
Pedal Steel: 1298
Acoustic Guitar Strumming: 825
Finger Picking Acoustic Guitar: 823

I added to the melody and solo track
Fiddle: 1107
Mandolin solo: 2121

All feedback is welcomed, here is the link
Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set
Posted By: dcuny Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 02:22 AM
Nicely done - I enjoyed listening to it. (Don't let the the number of nits that follow convince you otherwise!)

The first thing I had to do was reach over and turn up the volume... Something unusual for songs these days! The mix is very dry, which isn't a bad thing. But if feels like an unfinished demo without that extra polish.

The balance on the instruments sounds off. The violin steps in front of the vocals, and the drums feel like they are pushing the song instead of accompanying you.

For the last "just as the sun" I was expecting a ritard, and it felt like the instruments had taken over the song, instead of the vocals leading.

Anyway, it was a nice listen, and you're voice is getting better and more expressive.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 03:17 AM
Robert,

Really enjoyed the feeling in the vocal and the arrangement.

I have to agree with David on some of his nits - it's mixed overall a little low which is not a deal breaker..just saying, the fiddle is a bit out front and the mix is a tad dry including your vox.

Still enjoyed it very much.
Posted By: boehm Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 02:46 PM
Hi Robert,

well done. Thanks for sharing.

Guenter
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 04:20 PM
hi robert great job sounds great on my system thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: gruverider Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 04:55 PM
thanks for sharing, I enjoyed listening
Posted By: MarioD Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 06/29/13 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Robert,

Really enjoyed the feeling in the vocal and the arrangement.

I have to agree with David on some of his nits - it's mixed overall a little low which is not a deal breaker..just saying, the fiddle is a bit out front and the mix is a tad dry including your vox.

Still enjoyed it very much.

Same here.

Of course your lyrics are always super!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Just As The Sun Will Rise And Set - 07/01/13 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback and the tips. I plan on posting a new version tomorrow. To Tired tonight, just wanted to say thanks!
© PG Music Forums