PG Music Home
Posted By: joden reposted some songs - 07/04/13 08:47 PM
Just wanted to say for anyone interested I reposted some original tunes to my SC site. They were removed (and there is a long thread about it wink - not to be repeated here) , but after good advice from fellow writers here, I decided to repost them.

Thanks

Dennis
PS: just click on the signature link
Posted By: floyd jane Re: reposted some songs - 07/05/13 12:27 PM
Dennis - with the repost, I can now get them to play. I had tried several times, but the "song cursor" would never move. No problem now.

"Song For Melissa" is very nicely done. A terrific overall sound to it. - floyd
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: reposted some songs - 07/05/13 04:05 PM
Hi Dennis
I listened to Bruises and Song for Melissa. Very interesting work. Well done!
Posted By: joden Re: reposted some songs - 07/05/13 05:16 PM
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Jo and Floyd smile

Bruises was a "knock-it-out" in an afternoon thing, truly smile Did it all in about 3 hours (can't you tell laugh ) I might re-develop it at some stage and expand a bit.

Melissa is one close to the heart as the woman is (or rather was - estrangement due to the said domestic situation she is in) a good friend. The child is already acting out markedly at school (age 5!!)...

Anyway, again my thanks, it is appreciated smile

Dennis
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: reposted some songs - 07/05/13 11:26 PM
Hmmm...
interesting that the player works for Noel but not for me, since we both surf with UBUNTU and Firefox. I must have some setting different than Noel does.

I can, however, comment on the VERY cool photos you've selected for your 1st 3 songs. For me, adding some eye-candy really ramps up the presentation's sensory appeal.

I'll go change some settings now and see if I can get Sound Cloud's player to work so I can listen...

-----------update --------------
hmm.. without changing anything, now it works. Apparently I wasn't waiting long enough. Nice songs!
Posted By: joden Re: reposted some songs - 07/05/13 11:52 PM
Sorry Pat - I am not sure what is happening, afaik, your browser is the only one I have read is not working for some reason?

Thanks re the pics smile

Dennis

PS: I just remembered, when I first uploaded they took some seconds before they started playing, even for me (using Chrome) but after that they seemed to be fine. I might go and check again.

edit: all good as far as I can tell
Posted By: joden Re: reposted some songs - 07/07/13 01:43 AM
How did you go with it Pat, still having trouble?

Dennis
Posted By: Noel96 Re: reposted some songs - 07/07/13 02:04 AM
Hi Dennis,

I'm really glad you decided to (re)post your work.

I'm sitting here listening to "Bruises" at the moment. It's really nicely done! You've managed to create a incredibly atmospheric work. A thought that popped into my head, early on, and refused to leave was "some mighty fine arranging in this track".

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: joden Re: reposted some songs - 07/07/13 02:11 AM
Hey thanks Noel smile I truly appreciate it. Although I have to be honest as say it was all my own playing, ie no BIAB... which of course is the reason I did not list it here specifically.

But I am still glad you enjoyed it smile

Dennis
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: reposted some songs - 07/08/13 02:06 AM
Originally Posted By: joden
How did you go with it Pat, still having trouble?

Dennis

No, I left the window open in the background while I did something else. After a LONG wait, it started playing. Now it plays right away. Go figure.

Now that I've listened, I can say your songs sound good! Keep up the momentum, I look forward to hearing more!
Posted By: joden Re: reposted some songs - 07/08/13 02:12 AM
Hey thanks Pat - I am pleased it worked for you (in a fashion wink ) sorry about that. I have been asking some m8s out here (internet whizzes) and they couldn't put their finger on it either??

Anyhoo, it was nice of you to have a listen and make a comment smile

Dennis
© PG Music Forums