PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 02:18 AM
One of the latest in the Bistro Series. As always, opinions are welcome.
Enjoy!
https://soundcloud.com/cubanpete/moulin-rouge-nights

Stats are:
Style is DIXILAND.STY (Dixieland Band)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Honky Tonk Piano (4), Clarinet (72), (Ketron SD2)
RealTracks in song: ~1611:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastSimple Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~~1635:Medley [8 bars] Dixieland Soloist Medley, TromboneSol DixieFast Sw 165, GuitarAcSol DixieFast Sw 165, TrumpetSol Dixie Fast Sw 165,
RealDrums in Song: Dixieland^3-a:Ride & Cross-stick, b:Ride & Boisterous Backbeat
Posted By: Sundance Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 04:35 AM
Lots of fun and the background crowd noise added an interesting flavor.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 11:32 AM
Hi Mike,

Well that put a smile on my face!!! I completely agree with Josie. The track was heaps of fun and the background noise was a nice touch. Very creative!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 05:22 PM
Enjoyed it very much, on a side not I played a gig yesterday where background noise was a real issue and although it all worked out I'd wish I had as slider to back it off some.

Again liked everything about the mix with one "nit" I'll pick as follows . . . man I am spoiled when it comes to real-tracks vs. midi, especially on solos.

Nice mix indeed!

Later,
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 06:31 PM
Thank you all for listening. Danny, yes, I'm not sure if I am spoiled wit the RT's but I have to agree that they sound better than most midi sounds regardless of the synth or vst one use but also unfortunately, we don't have the control over the melody or solo. So, every now and then I use them to create ether one.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 06:36 PM
I feel you pain man!

Take care,
Posted By: gruverider Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 09:01 PM
I spent many years in Nawlins and I love Dixieland! It always lifts me up. I enjoyed listening. I do think that the drums are a bit to far up in the mix, but I thank you for sharing and reminding me of good times.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/14/13 09:26 PM
Felt like waving the baton in the parade on this one. Excellent work. The crowd noise really made this one feel alive. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: boehm Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/15/13 02:40 AM
Hi Mike,

fun song. Enjoyed listening.
You're right about the RTs "unfortunately, we don't have the control over the melody or solo". So I think your
choice is ok.

Guenter
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/15/13 07:46 AM
A fun tune. Nice Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/16/13 07:20 PM
This is one fun song! The drums could have been a tad quieter BUT I have been on many a gig when the band was having fun the drummer got loud! So for the live effect that you were looking from my standpoint you hit the nail on the head.

Also I was not put off my your midi sounds!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/18/13 05:22 PM
good job. the audience sound makes it!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/18/13 08:39 PM
Irrespective of the control over RT re melody I think this is a great tune. As mentioned the crowd noise really helps shape the vibe. I think it's a fine example of what can be done with RT's. As I'm sure others do, I cut and splice RT's for Janice's tunes to get a feel that if not strictly "melodical" at least doesn't distract from her melody. On a tune like yours where the musicians are riffing away I don't sense any loss of melody. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Moulin Rouge Nights - 07/19/13 10:48 PM
Thanks Bud and the other listeners, appreciate very much the time taken to listen. I use a lot of midi sounds on my melodies and solos and I personally think that depending on the synth or vst used, often times RT's and midi can blend pretty well. Of course, wind metal instruments. IE. trumpets and the like are hard to emulate.

Regards

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums