PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Last Call - 07/16/13 07:09 PM
Last Call

I tried to emulate a live 5 man jazz combo playing the last song of the night. I am playing the lead guitar and wind controller while the rest is the drums, bass and E-Piano from BiaB’s Smooth Jazz Ballad (65 RS) style.

What do ya think?
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Last Call - 07/17/13 05:45 AM
All that's missing is the smoke filled room and lady in red. Excellent work, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 12:44 PM
wow... the wind controller really adds so much to the sax patch that wouldn't be achievable triggering the patch any other way.
Posted By: Blorg Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 01:03 PM
Nice. Mellow. Ahhhhh. :-)
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 01:10 PM
Mario,

I can hear the time you have spent on that wind controller, nice job man.

Later,
Posted By: boehm Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 04:44 PM
Hi Mario
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
wow... the wind controller really adds so much to the sax patch

Thanks for sharing.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 08:53 PM
I live so deep in the provinces that I don't even know what the heck a "wind controller" or patches are! I'm just an old BG/Blues bass picker. BUT, I know good music and this one hits the note. Although a different genre it brought back memories to me of playing through last call at clubs many, many years ago.

Just uber cool through and through. Thanks.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Last Call - 07/18/13 09:09 PM
Thanx all for listening and the very kind comments.

Yes the wind controller can add a lot to horn sounds BUT you really need good sounds to start with. I just bought SampleModeling’s The Saxes. Although there were quite expensive they were worth every penny I paid for them. They are very realistic IMHO.

Danny, practicing is something that I should do a lot more of!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Last Call - 07/19/13 11:03 PM
+10 to all the comments above. Yes, I've been following the development of the "The Saxes" from the sax Brothers if I'm not mistaken and they sound amazingly realistic, then again you need someone playing a wind controller or someone playing really good a midi keyboard controller to capture the sax nuances, and you're right, a bit expensive but well worth it.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Last Call - 07/22/13 11:40 PM
Mario - I'd say you captured the moment well. Some tasty guitar and impressive sax. - floyd
Posted By: gruverider Re: Last Call - 07/23/13 04:21 AM
ahhhhh... loved it! I don't know anything about wind controller but it sounded like you were playing the sax. I want more please!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Last Call - 07/25/13 01:50 AM
Cool stuff. Some snazzy guitar too especially around 3:08 - show off LOL! Mario I love your versatility.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Last Call - 08/02/13 08:52 PM
Thanx Mike, Floyd, gruverider and Sundance!

Mike and Floyd – I am trying to learn how to express myself on the wind controller, however I don’t practice enough to be really good at it. However I am having fun with it when I play it! Purchasing the SampleModeling saxs adds a lot of realism IMHO.

Sundance – me show off? You must be kidding me laugh
My versatility comes from playing in wedding bands for years as well as listening to all music genres. I have a very large eclectic vinyl and CD collection!
© PG Music Forums