PG Music Home
Hi everyone,
I've not been into the forum for a while. Life just so busy with other stuff! However, the band needed a 'slappy' country drinking song to be used in some of the late night bars we play. So, I put this together last week.

It's at: http://soundcloud.com/phil-babylon

Main style was: _BLUCTRY.STY. Country Shuffle (130 RS). Then some regeneration of parts in Realband and finally edit etc in Acid.

All comments, as ever, gratefully received.

Best wishes to y'all!
drinking wine and whiskey together? man you're gonna regret that in the morning...

I used to play more than a few clubs where this would have been a requested song.
Oh yeah. You'll be getting requests for this song for as long as you can hold a guitar.
Hi, Phil !

Your tune´s just super !
You surely will get HELP when
you get home (LOL) !

Hope you´ll manage !

Cheers
Dani from HELL (sinki)
This is the perfect closing song for a country bar. I really like your lyrics!

To super nit-pick I would change “drinking wine and whiskey” to “drinking beer and whiskey”. I don’t know of anyone up here that drinks wine and whiskey but I know a lot of boilermaker drinkers. A boilermaker here is a shot of whiskey and a beer, either mixed together or drinking the beer as a chaser. But maybe in your area they drink wine and whiskey, don’t know.
Phil,
excellent, I've bin there!!!...I think. Both playing to drunks and staggering home to face the wrath....LOL
And to super-duper nitpick MarioD's super nit-pick: "wine and whiskey" is an alliteration and flows off the tongue (mine at least) easier than "beer and whiskey".
Also in my neck of the woods, Wales UK, some people pretend that they are "not drinking" by drinking white wine, mixed with soda water followed by whiskey chasers. Soon makes you forget that you are not drinking.

Enjoyed the song

Alyn
Phil,

You nailed this song. The story, the style and your vocals
are most convincing for I'm Gonna Get Hell When I Get Home

Like mentioned above this would be a "more" request by the crowd.
I love it from git go to git home. I do also have one nit pick . . the saying I hear most from country drinkers is I'm Gonna "Catch" Hell When I Get Home not get hell. But the song is strong either way.

Later,
Hi people,
What a friendly and helpful forum this is.

This will sound like a cheap Hemingway pastiche, I guess, but it's 4am and I've got home from two nights back-to-back singing to happy drunken people. I couldn't sleep so browsed into this forum and am just reading the feedback.

Thanks to everyone for their support and useful comments.

Gibson is quite right, I went for 'whine and whisky' because of the strong alliteration. Just seemed to roll off my tongue better too. Hmmm his story about what people drink in his neck of the woods and his line 'Soon makes you forget that you are not drinking' puts me in mind of a guy I saw propping up the bar and puts a song idea in my head. Back in 10 mins.....

.....OK. The backing is literally as it rolled off BIAB with a tired 1st time vocal: https://soundcloud.com/phil-babylon/i-forgot-im-not-drinking

It's now 5am. Better stop before the neighbours start banging on the walls.
HAHA, You saw me last night then, LOL, and a good 2nd song.
glad I inspired you laugh

Alyn
What a great fun song.... "More Please"!
© PG Music Forums