PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Emerald Eyes - 09/04/13 12:18 PM
I have not been too busy with music recently so I figured I'd put this one up for you to listen to.

It's an older song that I composed some time back in BB and using some of the real tracks... along with me playing all the guitar parts live.

The song is called Emerald Eyes and has a Latin flavor to it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9414184

I hope you enjoy this little tune.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Emerald Eyes - 09/04/13 02:12 PM
Herb,

This is really nice! With all the "stress" in my life lately, I needed a good relaxing tune to listen to, and you gave it to me. Good job.

Very nice guitar tone, and tasteful playing. I like the way you traded off the guitar with the horn/piano, and the twin guitar parts really sealed the deal.

Nice sound/mix.

Steve
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Emerald Eyes - 09/04/13 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Herb,
Very nice guitar tone, and tasteful playing. I like the way you traded off the guitar with the horn/piano, and the twin guitar parts really sealed the deal.

Nice sound/mix.

Steve

what Steve said! I think its very hard to pull off an instrumental that works as well as this one does. The Latin feel and harmony guitar parts reminded me of Hotel California in places.

Some people resort to instrumentals because they aren't confident in their singing abilities, but that's clearly not a problem for you. So I'd have to chalk this one up as a showcase for your guitar playing, which is very nice.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Emerald Eyes - 09/04/13 02:45 PM
Every now and then I just have to get back to playing the guitar which is my "first love" in music.... writing and singing can be tedious at times.

Thank you.... glad you like it.

This is a song from the past, but I don't think I have posted it here before this.
© PG Music Forums