PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. got to make it 1 redo - 09/07/13 05:36 PM
hi guys working on this feed back welcome thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/got-to-make-it-1-1
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: got to make it 1 redo - 09/08/13 12:35 AM
yeah! THAT's the idea!

It should actually be EASIER than what you were doing, because you get to use some of it over again, and you don't have to think up as much NEW stuff!

OK, now that the motif express is running, I have a whole new set of thoughts:

1) I notice that a lot of your backing tracks have cool drum fills. It would be interesting to hear you mimic the cadence of the drums in your riffs (not the whole song, but here and there as an accent). It would come across as though the instruments were answering one another

2) Now that you've established a THEME, also consider VARIATIONS on the theme. For example one of the times you might add a guitar harmony to the recurring passage to make it slightly different

3) other variations on a theme might be to use MIDI (which you can control note for note) to add other instruments echoing the theme.

I liked that a lot. You are quite the tone-meister
Posted By: floyd jane Re: got to make it 1 redo - 09/08/13 02:24 AM
eric,

Yeah, man! Beautiful. Something to grab hold of there.

It would have been nice to hear the edgy-tone guitar do a harmony along with the smooth-tone guitar at the end when the smooth-tone does his last pass of the "hook"...

Sounding good!

floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: got to make it 1 redo - 09/08/13 04:54 AM
Good work Eric. I like the harmony idea for some variation too.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: got to make it 1 redo - 09/08/13 10:30 AM
Hi Eric,

I haven't listened to the earlier version but this one is up to your usual impressive standard smile

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: boehm Re: got to make it 1 redo - 09/08/13 02:41 PM
Hi Eric,

this is a keeper.
I really enjoyed listening several times.
You're on the right way.

Guenter
© PG Music Forums