PG Music Home
Posted By: bostonx new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 12:20 AM
Hi,
This is my first post here. This song is just a jam I did with band in a box real tracks and my guitar and midi keyboard. very simple but fun..
http://soundcloud.com/bostonx/pink-sky
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 12:54 AM
well Bostonx,

first of all, welcome to the forum! How long have you been using PGMusic products? Aren't they AWESOME??

Wow, a 6 minute mega jam!

For the first two minutes I thought "Whoa! I like this! It sounds kind of Beatle-esque, makes me want to say I'm a walrus and everything (goo gooka choo!)

For the next two minutes I thought "Man this is a realllly long song..."

and for the last 2+ minutes, I mostly thought "I've got to find this guy and stop him from EVER playing this song again!"

But I agree, it can be TONS of fun to just set a groove and jam to it... and jam to it... and jam to it...

According to your registration date, you just joined the forum! Take some time and listen through the other submissions here on the user showcase to get an idea of who the other people are and what style of music they write.

Welcome! I think you'll fit right in! You just posted the first of what will eventually become many submisiions to the forum!
Posted By: bostonx Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 01:08 AM
thanks for the listen. yes it is a long jam most of my other songs don't go over 3 or 4 min, and each one is very different. this is a bit experimental so it might not be evreyones cup of tea, but I actually enjoy listening to it a lot..I just joined the forum but have been using biab for a few years but I had a really old version before...and I just started really having fun with real tracks though i wish they had more serious rock base, but i understand jazz andcountry get a lot more out of this than a wierd experimental music guy like myself would use. (though i do vary styles a lot)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 01:11 AM
I was just bein' a wiseguy more than anything... I really didn't mind the length of the song, and I'm very happy to see you here having fun with the software!

goo gooka choo
Posted By: ROG Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 09:31 AM
Hi Bostonx.

Yes, welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty much with Pat on this one - starts out with a good powerful sound, but gets perhaps a touch on the long side. Maybe a variation in the chord sequence would help to give it more texture and bringing the soloing instruments more to the front would create more interest.

Looking at your Soundcloud picture, you've obviously got a lot of equipment and I'm interested to see what else you post.

Oh, and if you want your link to work automatically you need to put url in square brackets, followed by the address and then /url in brackets after it. At the moment, we have to copy and paste it. Hope this helps.

ROG.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 01:00 PM
Cool.... nothing like learning from an experiment.

BB was, for me, the perfect solution. I didn't want to deal with the drama of bands and the late night rides home..... so I have my very own studio band here.

One thing I have noticed, that even with over 3000 styles, it is possible to have a song not fit neatly into any of them. In cases like that you have to "experiment" and see what will work.

On the song.... I agree with some other comments.... shake up the progression. GO to different places with the chords, because, while you may enjoy playing that 6 minute jam, the people not playing and simply listening will start to tire quickly after a few minutes of the same progression.

Since you have now joined the forum, please do post more stuff as you record it. I'm looking forward to hear the next tune out of that studio of yours.
Posted By: boehm Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/09/13 03:08 PM
Hi Bostonx,

I agree with all that's been said above.
Welcome to the forum.

Guenter
Posted By: bostonx Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/10/13 10:02 PM
I actually run into the styles do not fit my song category a lot, as I am so into the rock groove, and a lot of the rock styles on here tend to be a little popish for me. I will be coming out with some tunes that have much more in the way of differing chord progressions. Normally that's what I do..believe it or not this song was specificly made to be a very simple progression as it is semi ambient ie made to listen in the background. This is what I was going for. it is a style I have been fideling with for a while now. As I said not everyone's cup of tea smile
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/11/13 12:15 PM
On styles I very rarely use the midi based styles. I just don't like the grooves on most of them.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/11/13 04:09 PM
Welcome aboard, I too look forward to other productions.

later,
Posted By: Ryszard Re: new song by bostonx pink sky - 09/11/13 05:01 PM
I called it up, but it won't play. Am I holding my mouth right? cool

R.

ETA: I could call up the page on my DAW and the Play button appeared to work, but nothing happened. Plays fine on my lappie. ???
© PG Music Forums