PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/21/13 04:47 PM
Hey Ya'll,

About a month ago I ran across these great pictures that fit my song HER OLD HOUND DOG IS SNIFFING OUT WOMEN AGAIN so well that I made this video. It's a lighthearted fun little country bluegrass song I wrote last year that's a bit of a parody poking some fun at cheating songs since I wrote it about a dog.

Lyrics are on the link page.

HER OLD HOUND DOG IS SNIFFING OUT WOMEN AGAIN

Thank you for watching. Comments always appreciated.
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/21/13 05:03 PM
Loved the song loved the pics of dog as well
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/21/13 08:33 PM
Josie, Nice tune. Well sung and nicely arranged. Good job on the video, especially the break near the end. One week ago today I did one of the hardest things ever. I had to put down one of our dogs. It has left a huge void in our household. There have been many tears and stories this entire week. I should have posted a video of her drinking water and getting ice from the refrigerator door. Thanks for posting and bringing tears to my eyes again. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/21/13 09:01 PM
Josie,

Cute song. Nicely mixed. And a cute collections of pics.

floyd
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/21/13 09:28 PM
Hi Josie,

I remember this one. The graphics add a whole new dimension to the music. It was great smile

This mix is incredibly well put together. On my headphones, it sounded professional all the way.

Best wishes,
Noel
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 02:05 AM
Thank you Scott, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I saw those pics and couldn't resist using them since they were in the PD.

Tommy, thank you so much.
I am sorry to hear that - it is SOOO hard, I've been there left with the big hole in the house and in my heart.... It takes time but some day you will think of her with smiles without tears. I don't know that the missing ever truly goes away. She knew she was loved. I'm praying for ya'll.
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 02:15 AM
Floyd,

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment.

And I'm really glad you think the mix sounds good. That's always reassuring. Don't know why it's easier for me to hear other people's mixes better than my own... even with breaks just get too close to it I guess.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 02:16 AM
That is another one going into my "keeper folder", Josie. You are a very prolific songstress, my friend.

I hadn't commented on your avatar yet but it gives me a chuckle each time I see it.
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 02:31 AM
Noel,

I started out using this as an exercise to learn the video editing software. My husband got such a kick out of the pics with the song that he kept after me to post it. So I did. smile

Thank you very much. I appreciate all your feedback.
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 02:45 AM
Don,

Thank you my friend. I love it when I get one in your keepers. <grin>

Odd you mention the avatar because I was just thinking about changing it. I put it up to remind myself to be more joyful like the kid in me and not take myself too seriously. I'm glad it makes you chuckle too.
Posted By: gibson Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 10:32 AM
Excellent.

I feel for you Tommyad, I still remember that moment with my ole mate/Labrador, Monty.
He seemed to pick the most embarrassing times to sniff female visitors in the most inappropriate places so the song, Josie, has a meaning for me which was not intended!

Alyn
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 01:39 PM
Josie,

your talent goes is so many directions!
Song writing, performing, word smithing, mixing, and movie making!

(I'm very, very envious)
Posted By: boehm Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 04:05 PM
Hi Josie,

very nice song and very nice movie.
You gave me some enjoyable moments.

Guenter
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 05:16 PM
Hey Josie,

Sounds and looks good!

Bob
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 09:25 PM
Hi, Josie !

I do not know if this is your best as
all that you have produced are so good,
but at least it is one of my favourites !!!:)
I really like your style of songwriting !:)

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/22/13 10:57 PM
Well done project Josie!

Later,
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/23/13 02:10 AM
Alyn,

Thank you. I'm glad it brought back fun memories of Monty. Sounds like he was a character.

Pat,

Thank you. I am sooo looking forward to seeing you perform and singing along. It's gonna be great! Don't want to lose you around here though, I always enjoy reading your comments whether it's on something I post or someone else's post.

Guenter,

I'm glad it made you smile.

Bob,

Thank you. Appreciate that.

Dani,

Thank you. It's fun to take a breather from the heavy emotional stuff so I can stay relatively sane.

Danny,

Thank you. I remember yours hung out at a bar - you really had me going with that twist. LOL!
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/23/13 07:55 AM
Oh my goodness Josie. How fantastic is THAT! Wonderful song and video. I especially like the picture of him walking along next to the cow with all his colours matching. Great job.
PS what was/is the dogs name?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/23/13 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Noel,

I started out using this as an exercise to learn the video editing software. My husband got such a kick out of the pics with the song that he kept after me to post it. So I did. smile

Thank you very much. I appreciate all your feedback.

thank your husband for all of us! We're glad he pestered until you posted!
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/24/13 01:04 AM
Pat,

I'll pass that on. smile

Joanne,

Thank you very much. Someone released all these great pics in the public domain. I was so lucky to find them because it was like they were made for the song.
Posted By: RichMac Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/24/13 02:40 AM
Rainy afternoon. Listening to some of the excellent songs posted here. And there are plenty.
Like bluegrass and dog songs and this all sounds so professional. Could go on my radio anytime.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/26/13 10:10 PM
Videos are fun. Nice editing and cool photos and a fine audio track. It's all there!
Posted By: gruverider Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/28/13 03:41 PM
just can't beat bluegrass and hounds dogs!

my favorite shot is the one where he is yawning and the fiddle kicks in on the left channel - nice

much enjoyed!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/29/13 01:26 AM
Josie,

I remember when you first posted this one. I still enjoy it, and the slideshow only makes it better. Excellent work!

Steve
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/29/13 04:22 PM
RichMac, Janice and Bud, gruverider, and Steve, I appreciate you taking the time to watch and the nice comments. Thank you.
Posted By: ROG Re: New Video - Her Old Hound Dog - 09/29/13 06:34 PM
Hi Josie.

Wonderful song. I loved the whole metaphorical side to it.

Production and performance were faultless. I really love your voice.

ROG.
© PG Music Forums