PG Music Home
Posted By: Adrian Polly (Song for Love) - 09/22/13 09:17 PM
Here is the second track I have been working on of late and now from a CD project which has been renamed "Pipe Dreams", its a very simple acoustic guitar backed flute instrumental.

Its was original a saxophone track but after experimenting with flute sounds on the first track "Palace of Splendour" I thought I would try it as the lead on this.

It was a track written for my wife (incidentally she's not called Polly), and was composed in BIAB 2013 using DRDUN Slow Rock Ballad Style with two finger picking realtracks, lead once again provided by garageband a flute patch and my DH800.

Polly (Song for Love)
Posted By: Sundance Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 01:14 AM
Very Pretty Adrian. The flute fits really well, I think you made the right choice.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 04:05 AM
Adrian,

I agree with Josie. The flute was definitely the right choice. It's a very pleasant and restful sound you have happening.

Best regards,
Noel
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 07:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Very Pretty Adrian. The flute fits really well, I think you made the right choice.

I agreee with both Josie and Noel. Very pretty.
Posted By: boehm Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 03:14 PM
Hi Adrian,

+1 to the above said.
Very enjoyable.

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 04:53 PM
Very nice
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/23/13 07:45 PM
Very pleasant and easy listening. Nice!
Posted By: RichMac Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 03:01 AM
Intro sounded a bit Eagles but blended so well with the flute. Flute most enjoable but a bit loud for my taste.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 12:08 PM
I was listening to this and I thought to myself .... Man this sounds really really familiar..... then it hit me.....

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9414184

Yup... one of my very own songs from 2010.

I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer and we can do lunch. ;-)

I think the flute would be better served a few db lower in the mix.

Just curious, did you come up with the melody or did you let BB generate the melody?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 01:17 PM
Hi

Thanks for the comments, the melody was part BB generated and part original, the part that is the same tune as yours was the BB generated part the chorus part of the song was original generated but I didnt get the feel I wanted so was re-written around the same chord structure.

Also the second part of the song had the chords tweaked a good deal where as the first part was pretty much BB.

I have to say Im loving your tune although its a little weird hearing the same part of the melody in the different context.

Seems we both have an ear for a strong melody, was that part in your song generated?

Also agree flute is a slight to outfront in the mix so will adjust this.
Cheers

Adrian
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Hi

Thanks for the comments, the melody was part BB generated and part original, the part that is the same tune as yours was the BB generated part the chorus part of the song was original generated but I didnt get the feel I wanted so was re-written around the same chord structure.

Also the second part of the song had the chords tweaked a good deal where as the first part was pretty much BB.

I have to say Im loving your tune although its a little weird hearing the same part of the melody in the different context.

Seems we both have an ear for a strong melody, was that part in your song generated?

Also agree flute is a slight to outfront in the mix so will adjust this.
Cheers

Adrian

Yup.... BB generated it and played it with a goofy sounding midi something or other, I adapted it to be played on guitar live.

Therein lies the danger in using BB melodies. Could you imagine if you and I both had that same/similar melody in songs that were used in a public manner (film or TV).... ? Some jackleg lawyer would be looking a lawsuit for real.... remember My Sweet Lord was over 3 notes.

As long as I have been working with BB, I have noticed that it will generate similar melodies occasionally, and since the software you have and the software I have is essentially the same software, it stands to reason that using the melodist WILL generate the same melodies a bit more often than is comfortable.

I have, as a result of noticing this, muted the MELODY line in BB so that it does NOT influence my creative thought with it's own computer generated melody line.

Interesting .....
Posted By: Skyline Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 05:37 PM
Very cool, nice work! Yes, just pull the flute back in the mix a bit.

John
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/24/13 07:46 PM
A very relaxing, nostalgic tune. The flute is dreamy. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Polly (Song for Love) - 09/30/13 03:19 PM
Nice easy listen indeed. Dittos on dropping the flute down a bit. Thanks for posting.
© PG Music Forums