PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C AB Blues - 09/28/13 12:01 PM
About a year ago an Alberta Beef processing plant got it self in trouble with some poor handling processes. It cost and immediate shutdown of the plant and put allot of people out of work while they sorted out the mess and corrected the problems. They have since corrected the problems and things are back to the way they should be. I was thinking of them when putting together this song.

AB Blues

I used:
BB RealBass 387, Bass Electic
BB RealDrums NashvilleEven 8^8
and six of my own tracks. Done with RealBand...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: AB Blues - 09/28/13 01:03 PM
Scott,

I like what you're doing - sounds great - with a "but..."

The mix is good. The track is very "listenable".

You've (sort of) got 4 different "guitar guys" here. IMO, 2 would work better. Love the opening guy. Great tone and very lyrical playing. Then the fuzz guy comes in. Then the Wah guy. Then it's kind of like that first guy comes back, with a bunch of reverb and tries to out-do the fuzz guy and the wah guy. Would be nice if the end were the same guy who played that nice lyrical beginning - kind of "show up" those other guys with "watch what you can do with just a few notes - when you do it right..." Does that makes sense? Hope you are "okay" with this kind of "feedback" - 'cause, like I said... I like what you are doing.

floyd
Posted By: dani48 Re: AB Blues - 09/28/13 01:24 PM
Hi, Scott !

I liked your tune
very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: AB Blues - 09/28/13 01:25 PM
Hi
I really like the blues sound, but maybe it needed a break in the middle and also it gets a bit too busy (complicated?) with all the guitars. They seem to compete rather then enhance each other.

Not criticizing, just sayin'

VideoTrack

Posted By: Scott C Re: AB Blues - 09/28/13 01:27 PM
Thank you I absolutely like this kind of feedback. I have been struggling with my composition. The mix between technical and adding some feeling is been elusive
Posted By: Noel96 Re: AB Blues - 09/28/13 01:37 PM
Hi Scott,

I liked your guitar playing. Very tasteful. It must have taken quite a bit of time to get all this together.

If you were after ideas on how to make this composition sound more authentically like a live performance by a group, floyd's advice is good.

Thanks for sharing your work. It's always good to hear what other do with BIAB/RB.

Kind regards,
Noel
Posted By: Steve Young Re: AB Blues - 09/29/13 01:51 AM
Scott,

Nice. Some very good advice from Floyd and others. Nice playing

Steve
Posted By: Scott C Re: AB Blues - 09/29/13 02:38 AM
Hi Floyd

I redid the guitar track as per your advice and I like the feel of the new arrangement.

I replace the file on Soundcloud so both links should point to the new file..

AB Blues Redux
Posted By: floyd jane Re: AB Blues - 09/29/13 03:12 AM
Scott,

Nice. Sounding good. Keep 'em coming...
Posted By: Scott C Re: AB Blues - 09/29/13 12:39 PM
Thank you Dani, Noel and Steve

Thanks you for your comments means allot
Posted By: boehm Re: AB Blues - 09/29/13 02:36 PM
Hi Scott,

nicely done.
I enjoyed listening.

Guenter