PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Missing you - 09/30/13 03:20 AM
Missing You

I wrote this a couple of years ago with a big help from BIAB. One of my buddys I played with back in high school who had just passed away and he was on my mind at the time..

BB Real Bass 366
BB RealDrums-CountryShuffle
RT368Guitar Acoustic Strumming.
RT364Guitar Acoustic Finger Picking
RT686 Organ B3 Background (Love this patch)

Guitar is a LP, amp is Vox AC15C1
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Missing you - 09/30/13 11:41 AM
peaceful song.

enjoyable listen.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Missing you - 09/30/13 01:32 PM
Scott,

Nicely done. The guitar is enjoyable. The drums seem a bit low in the mix - like you are almost trying to hide them. Guitar players often do that (I'm not picking on ya..). Let your drummer be part of your band.

Another thing you might do is, somewhere in the middle, include one other RT solo - like maybe a harmonica - even just 4 bars - to break up the guitar...

floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: Missing you - 09/30/13 03:36 PM
Herb and Floyd

Thank you for the comments on the song.

I haven't figured out how to take clips of the solo's and place them in areas of the song yet. BIAB has quite a vast set of tools built in. Need to spend sometime with the manual and self help sites.. Good for when the old hands get sore :-)
Posted By: boehm Re: Missing you - 10/01/13 12:47 PM
Hi Scott,

peaceful and relaxing.
A nice tribute.

Guenter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Missing you - 10/01/13 12:57 PM
Hi Scott

I really enjoyed this piece. Mellow, soulful and thoughtful. Yes, maybe the percussion could be lifted a little bit, but perhaps that balance was also your intention. Very sensitively presented, and representative of your own personal moment.

Great work.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Missing you - 10/02/13 11:58 AM
Guenter and Videotrack thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback on the mix.

Scott C
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Missing you - 10/04/13 04:54 PM
Scott,

From time to time I have issues with soundcloud, this is one of those times. I will try back later.

Later,
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Missing you - 10/05/13 03:16 PM
Thoughtful and well done tribute. I agree re bringing up the drums. Thanks for the post.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Missing you - 10/05/13 05:15 PM
Nice tune – very emotional, well done!
And the organ patch…, I do understand why you love it – it's beautiful!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Missing you - 10/08/13 05:00 AM
Guitar has a lonely feel to it, perfect for the song, thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Skyline Re: Missing you - 10/08/13 08:29 AM
A worthy tribute Scott. That LP sounds nice.

John
Posted By: Scott C Re: Missing you - 10/08/13 11:36 AM
Danny. Thanks for trying. I too experience issues with Soundcloud from time to time. I usually use Chrome for most of my browsing. If I switch to firefox or IE 10 I can usually get the songs to start.

Robert and John: Thank your for the comments on the song. I appreciate them. Most of my music has only been heard by my immediate family. I was very nervous putting them up in the forum and soundcloud. This has been a very rewarding experience and I am learning allot especially on the production side...

Scott C
© PG Music Forums