PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Continuing on a theme - 10/02/13 05:24 PM
In the spirit of protest songs.....

This is a song I wrote back in 2010. I recorded it and reworked a video to it back in 2012.

The song is called HOPE & CHANGE

from a slogan that was popular back in 2008....

In 2012 I reworked the video to include pictures I took around NC as I drove from job site to job site and saw business after business closed down where once there had been thriving businesses.

Here is the link to the mp3 version and the lyrics: MP3 & Lyrics

enjoy it.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/03/13 06:10 PM
Although it played heck with my 3 minute attention span it is a well written song none the less.

Later,
Posted By: tommyad Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/03/13 07:17 PM
Herb, Good write and although sad, I enjoyed the video. Given what's going on in DC right now, maybe we should all stay away from politics right now. Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/03/13 09:14 PM
Very topical indeed. Enjoyed it and the message.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 04:56 AM
A little long for me but a well done production Herb.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 08:38 AM
Hi Herb,

You've sure managed to get a great sound happening with this one.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 01:36 PM
Danny... yeah, it's a tad bit more than 3 minutes

Tommy..... I agree. A music forum is not a place to discuss politics... facebook is a better place for such discussions..... but, music is just fine. Even a protest song about a politician..... just critique it from a musical/songwriter POV.

Janice & Bud..... I enjoyed writing this.... it was actually a fairly fast write.

Josie.... length matters not in this song..... it wasn't written as a commercial attempt.

Noel..... glad you liked the sound.

So... if you're "game", here's another political song from 2012..... I'm including the link in this thread as opposed to making it's own thread. I really like the lyrics and how they seemed to flow effortlessly as I was writing.....this too was a quick/easy write.... believe it or not, I actually scrapped 2 otherwise good verses for the sake of keeping this song to a "reasonable" length..... there was so much more that could have and should have been said in this song..... but 5:36 is long enough, don't cha think?

If you want to hear it and have five and a half minutes.....Leave our country alone: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11879522
Posted By: boehm Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
A little long for me but a well done production Herb.

+1
Guenter
Posted By: rsdean Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 04:32 PM
Herb,

Nice work as usual...

Bob
Posted By: dani48 Re: Continuing on a theme - 10/04/13 08:53 PM
Herb !

The song is well produced
and performed as ususal !
I liked the tune very much !:))

Cheers