PG Music Home
Posted By: Skyline 'City Child' - 10/04/13 05:51 PM
An up tempo composition for a change - you could even dance to it!

BIAB styles used for bass, piano, organ and strings parts:
RACER.STY Racer - Ev8 fast Rock 155BPM
ALFAVIL2 AlfaVil2 - Ev.8 80s Pop synth 130BPM
SMOOTH!~ Smooth-st.8 MOR-FM 90BPM

Tempos changed to 129BPM and MIDI files dragged as usual into Sonar X3a. Sounds from my Roland Fantom X6. Drums from Addictive Drums. I did all the guitar parts and vocal.

YouTube video here. (HD1080 full screen)
YouTube video here. (Straight link)
Lyrics and Info here.

John
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: 'City Child' - 10/04/13 06:01 PM
That is very well done in every manner.
Posted By: dani48 Re: 'City Child' - 10/04/13 09:02 PM
Hi, John !

I agree, This is professionally
done, very well sung and mixed !:)

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Danny C. Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 12:42 AM
John,

Maybe my newest favorite of yours, this is a good song backed by a solid performance!

Later,
Posted By: Scott C Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 01:49 AM
First class song and video. Loved it
Posted By: rsdean Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 11:17 AM
John,

Very nice all around - I really enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 01:42 PM
John, fabulous work all around. I especially enjoyed the photo montage, aside from the song.
Posted By: boehm Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 02:20 PM
Hi John,

I like that Santanaish vibe.
Good work!
Where did you get your video material from?

Guenter
Posted By: Sundance Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 03:11 PM
Looks and sounds great John! Especially loved the ending with the little boy - nice touch.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 03:25 PM
Very nice. I also enjoyed the Santana feel. Excellent video production -- fun to see something of that quality.
Posted By: Skyline Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 03:58 PM
Many thanks Herb, Dani, Danny, Scott, Bob, Don, Guenter, Josie, Janice & Bud. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Josie, there was a bit of a 'painter's accident' there; I put in the clip of the little boy and the bulb he was holding lit up exactly over the head of the 'hoodie'!

Guenter, some of the clips are from videos I took myself and others I looked for on the internet. There are lot of online clip libraries that obviously charge for their pieces of work, but most of them have a few free ones to catch your eye. I have a Panasonic video camera that I bought for use on holidays, etc. and I often carry it with me when I'm out and about so I can capture any interesting scenes that might come in handy for a video later. You'd be surprised what simple things make for an interesting clip.

John
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: 'City Child' - 10/05/13 05:10 PM
Song is very professionally polished and the video is outstanding. Great vocal performance. I know it is common to use the listen to the voice inside analogy, I have probably used it myself, not sure, but really you got to be careful though about listening to the voice inside, because Satan will try to get you to do things to, many killers say the voices told them to do it. The only voice to listen to is the voice of Jesus Christ and what He tells us to do in Scripture. “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: tommyad Re: 'City Child' - 10/06/13 02:16 PM
John, I like this one very much. Great guitar sound out of the old Epi. Nicely produced and sung. Great job overall. Thanks for posting. Tom
Posted By: ROG Re: 'City Child' - 10/06/13 02:46 PM
Hi John.

I loved this one!

All the instruments worked so well together and the guitar and vocals were perfect.

The production was amazing. Lots of texture, little bits of instruments coming and going, the breaks, the changes of feel - all the marks of a professional producer.

On top of all that, an absolutely perfect mix. Everything there to be heard, without anything competing for space and a nice loud and punchy sound.

In my view, your best to date, John.

ROG.
© PG Music Forums