PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C How Will I Know - 10/06/13 02:40 AM
This is one of my first songs I did after started playing again. I redid the guitar track and added an organ track with leslie to mix the sound up a bit.

This is done starting with BIAB then finished with RealBand.
Bass is BB Bass 34 Electric Bass(Finger)
Drums are Real Drums- Rock Even8. I pushed the drums up to max to bring them out more.

Added Rhythm Guitar, Two Organ Tracks and the Guitar Lead Track.

How Will I Know
Posted By: Skyline Re: How Will I Know - 10/06/13 09:17 AM
That's a very atmospheric piece Scott, nice playing on the organ and Strat! Reminds me of Peter Green's work on some tracks on his 'In The Skies'.

I'd have liked the drums up a bit, they're barely audible which is odd as you say you had to put them to max.
Posted By: Scott C Re: How Will I Know - 10/06/13 01:00 PM
Thanks for the comments on song and the suggestions for the mix. I have been implementing most of the suggestions I have been getting in the forum.

I think it maybe my sound card. On my new songs I like to use a bass style and a drum style from BIAB and the bass is usually very strong in the mix but the drums seem to get walked on. Will see if I can boost the drums with the effects in ReadBand...

Much appreciated
Scott
Posted By: Skyline Re: How Will I Know - 10/06/13 01:38 PM
You do have the bass and drums on separate tracks? You shouldn't need FX, just more volume on the drums track and less on the others.

John
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: How Will I Know - 10/07/13 11:29 AM
Nice spacey tune....

Drums, as has been pointed out, are too far back in the mix..... B3 could probably stand to come down a few db.

I'd also look into some of the soloist tracks in Real Band..... they could have taken some solo's in there and added more variety to the tune. Piano, Sax, etc....

Nice job though. I like the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: How Will I Know - 10/07/13 03:50 PM
Thanks Herb and John. I am going to spend sometime with the mixer in RealBand. I also have Cubase for mixing wave files but I prefer the RealBand mixer as it is more visual. I try to keep the input signal for the live music at the top of the green and flickering into the yellow so it doesn't clip. When I added the organ track it had the same input settings as my guitar tracks but came out a bit louder. Getting the sweet spot is quite elusive..
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: How Will I Know - 10/07/13 06:17 PM
I like to mix in Sonar. The sound I hear from the monitors is exactly what I get in the exported file.

Mixing is a learned skill.... the more you do it with good gear, the better you get.
Posted By: Scott C Re: How Will I Know - 10/07/13 06:29 PM
Thanks will have a look at the software. Producer X3 looks like it has all the tools.
Posted By: dani48 Re: How Will I Know - 10/07/13 08:40 PM
Hi, Scott !

I liked your tune !
IAlso to me it gave an
impression of great views
over large expanses !:))
Very ambient indeed !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: How Will I Know - 10/08/13 04:48 AM
Love the guitar and organ work on this one. Very well produced piece, thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Scott C Re: How Will I Know - 10/08/13 11:27 AM
Dani and Robert Thanks you for your comments they are appreciated. This are my favorite tone settings for my guitars. The sound they make go right through me. The music can tune a not so good day into a really good day....
Posted By: boehm Re: How Will I Know - 10/08/13 03:16 PM
Hi Scott,

very soothing tune.
Easy listening.
Good work.

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: How Will I Know - 10/08/13 09:51 PM
Hi Guenter

Thank you for the comments I appreciate them..

Scott
© PG Music Forums