PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Originals I'm working on - 10/12/13 04:54 AM
Working on some songs, all Real Tracks, vocals are there just for perspective. I am working on interfacing vocals in Mixcraft 6, a lot of tweaking etc. to come, don't be to judgmental. Thanks
http://www.soundcloud.com/critterman Sorry I messed up the link, it's now fixed.
Posted By: bostonx Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/13/13 04:22 PM
I listened to stret walker it has a lot of potential. My honest opinion is that the tempo is to high re record that with a lower tempo.. I say this because I too fell into that same type of thing and a good friend told me to slow it down some and I have gotten better results because of it
Posted By: critter Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/14/13 04:37 AM
How far should I go it's at 130 now. Any comments on the other three?
Posted By: bostonx Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/14/13 04:56 AM
I didn't have time to listen to the others but I will

start at 80 and go up by 5 till you get just the right tempo

You'll probably end up at 110 or 120 but you never know... I have had some songs end up as low as 70 give it a try you can always fall back to what you have already recorded if it doesn't sound right

Posted By: Steve Mac Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/14/13 09:41 AM
Steve,
Sorry nothing constructive just wanted to say loved them especially high heels
Cheers Steve
Posted By: Scott C Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/17/13 07:41 PM
Listened to Streetwalker 2. Loved the guitar work. Excellent tune well played and sung. Nice rocker..

Scott C
Posted By: Scott C Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/17/13 07:44 PM
Listened to Never Let you go. Again love the tone settings you have on the guitar. Excellent singing and playing

Scott C
Posted By: critter Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/18/13 05:31 AM
Thanks for the good reviews, I am still working on redoing the vocals with a Rode mic, these songs were done with a Shure beta 58A. The Rode mic is very sensitive even to movement of my feet on the floor, any comments on how to reduce the sensitivity?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Originals I'm working on - 10/18/13 12:08 PM
good stuff.

Steet walker: man that melody is dead on to another song that was popular.... I can't recall the name... the story is similar to Deep Purple's Strange Kind of Woman.

Pretty Girl: I like this one.... of course I'm more of a country musician anyway. Nice solo guitar real track. It's believable.

Never let you go: Again, country... one thing I noticed... on this one. Shorten the intro. No intro should exceed 15 seconds max and this one goes past 30 seconds. The Eagles can get away with long intro's (mostly live in concert) but they have the star power to do it.

that's as far as I went.... 3 songs that have good potential.
© PG Music Forums