PG Music Home
Posted By: George Nelson Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/13/13 02:59 PM
Hi

Here is my song for the song challenge.

It may not be a holiday but it will have to do. laugh

Frosty Mornings

Style is _T_FSHIN.STY (Country Nylon Fishin' (120 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~536:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~610:Mandolin, Rhythm Chop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 606:Guitar, Nylon, Chet Fishin' Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 2121:Mandolin, Soloist CountryShuffleAndy Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

George
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/13/13 06:53 PM
LOL.... It's November 15th already?

congrats on being first. did you write and record this in three hours?

I like to be early for some things.... but yeah..... the point is wait so everyone else has the time and opportunity to get their songs done.... then we all post in that time window.

from the OP " You can post earlier if you have it ready but generally, no sooner than November 15. We want them all posted at about the same time. "

cool tune though...
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/13/13 07:34 PM
Oops!

My apologies never read the original post correctly blush

Ah well

Yes I wrote and recorded this in 3 hours (can't you tell smile )

Although it doesn't include a holiday it tells about winter coming, which I thought would be ok.

George

Quote:
I like to be early for some things.... but yeah..... the point is wait so everyone else has the time and opportunity to get their songs done.... then we all post in that time window.

I humbly seek your forgiveness.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/13/13 09:29 PM
George,

I really like this song... Very cool sound and tone.

Bob
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/14/13 09:13 AM
Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking a listen.

Notwithstanding the fact that I am a month too early for the song challenge crazy

George
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/14/13 11:12 AM
Hi George,

I love what you've done with this song. Quite honestly, I'm sitting here at the moment green with envy that you can whip up something as good as this in 3 hours!!!!!! I'm stunned. This is absolutely my new favourite "George Nelson / Mikee" song.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: dani48 Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/14/13 12:39 PM
Hi, George !:))

This was a most interesting tune !:))
It really has that minor feel in it
that gives us the hint of the forecoming
cold and dark times !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/14/13 12:51 PM
Hi Noel,

You will know that sometimes he just taps you on the shoulder and Hey Presto! a song just happens, well that was what happened to me.
I have no idea where it comes from (which sounds very strange) but, that was the way this song came to life. confused

I admit that at other times if I try to force a song out it just will not happen, go figger!

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/14/13 12:58 PM
Hi Dani,

See the comments to Noel above.

George
Posted By: Scott C Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/17/13 07:48 PM
Fun tune. Seeing some frost in the mornings already. Well written, and sung.

Scott C
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/17/13 10:15 PM
George - I keep trying to listen - but Soundcloud is acting up on yours - and yet, I can play others. I sure wish they would get that fixed! I'll try again later....
Posted By: boehm Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/18/13 12:32 AM
Hi George,

enjoyable listen (I have the heating on).
Thanks for sharing.

Guenter
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/18/13 08:43 AM
Hi Scott C,

Thanks for your nice comments.

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/18/13 08:48 AM
Hi Floyd,

Don't know what to say.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Let me know by PM and I will email it to you if all else fails.

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/18/13 08:50 AM
Hi Guenter,

Yes I too have my heating on.

Thanks for taking a listen.

George
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/18/13 10:01 AM
Great song, loved the mandolin!
Really enjoyed your voice and the idea of your song…

…today my car was covered with ice – definitely a Frosty Morning! ;-)
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/19/13 08:57 AM
Hi molsenhouse,

Thanks for taking a listen and your nice comments.

George
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/19/13 12:07 PM
George,

It finally played for me. Usually does eventually. Can't figure out what the cause (or fix) might be.

This is really well done. A tight lyric. A good vocal. Nice choice of RTs. Very good mix. One of your best!

floyd
Posted By: tommyad Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/19/13 12:43 PM
George, Nice use of the mandolin. Well recorded, sung, and mixed. Stay warm, Tom
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/19/13 07:53 PM
Hi Floyd,

Glad it finally played for you smile

Thanks for taking a listen and your nice comments.

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 10/19/13 07:56 PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking a listen and also your nice comments.

I intend to keep cozy this Winter. smile

George
Posted By: wade lillico Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 12/21/13 04:45 PM
Very nice kinda like Ian Tyson.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 12/21/13 06:23 PM
Cool song. Got a bit of a Guy Clark groove to it. Nice mandolin track also. I gotta mention that it's 80 outside at the moment so I may have to come back and listen again.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 12/21/13 10:45 PM
Good song George, ya been away too long.

PS: Thanks for the bump as I missed it the 1st go round.

Merry Christmas,
Posted By: Al-David Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 12/23/13 05:45 AM
Hi George...

We're the new kids on the block...this is our second day here...and enjoying the fabulous music.

The chop mandolin with the Merle/Chet sound on the rhythm guitar was a perfect match. that's real nice reward for three hours of hard work! We loved it! best to you and Merry Christmas...

Al & Di
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Frosty Mornings (Song Challenge) - 12/23/13 12:20 PM
Hi wade lillico ,

Thanks for taking a listen, much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janice & Bud

Perhaps the song would be more appropriate if instead of 80 degrees it was -2 as it is here. smile

Thanks for taking a listen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny C.

Thanks for the nice comments (and listening to the song)

Al & Di

Welcome to the forum, you will have many happy hours here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on the forum.

George
© PG Music Forums