PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/18/13 07:29 PM

Life has seriously gotten in the way of not only me making music but also for listening to music. So if no one responds to this I understand as I have not listened and commented on any music on this forum for awhile.

What's Ya Thinkin'

This song started in the SlowBossa /Pno % NY.Guit (85RS) BiaB style.

Drums – the drums are straight from BiaB.

Nylon String guitar – is also straight from BiaB.

Piano – The piano is straight from BiaB however I changed the piano sound to synth strings and rewrote some parts during the string lead.

Bass – I deleted the bass part and played it myself on my Squire P-Bass.

I added the maracas.

I’m playing the flute sound via my wind controller and I played the nylon string guitar lead parts.

Hope you like it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/18/13 07:56 PM
Mario,

A nice mix of textures in there. The flute/wind controller is really nicely done. Some really nice runs on that thing (how tough is that?) And the strings are a nice underflow...

I loved the opening drum sounds. But then as the other instruments came in it lost it's spunk - and I wished it hadn't. It was so cool - I wanted that to "keep up"...

Glad to see life let up enough for you to "get some music out there"...

floyd
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/18/13 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

So if no one responds to this I understand as I have not listened and commented on any music on this forum for awhile.
Hope you like it.

Hi Mario
I dont think this Forum is not like that. Its too prevalent in the UK - "you posted on my tune, I'll post on yours" sort of thing.
However, saying that, I too have been out of circ for while but I'm back listening if nothing else, although a little tune popped into my head this week that I may be able to do something with. We'll see.
Back to the music. I loved the Intro and the smooth and silky latin feel and am always impressed when folks have the ability to blend what the can get readily with BB and tweak and work on it until they get just what they need. Good to see that you played your own Bass. The Squier P-Bass is great kit at a good price. Plenty of good Bass in the RTs but it is awesome to hear you D.I.Y.
Top Marks
cheers
ian
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 12:27 PM
Nice relaxing tune. Well done.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 12:49 PM
Mario, I like the flute sound and the nylon string is a nice compliment. Well put together. Thanks for posting. Tom
Posted By: occ Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 02:18 PM
Hey Mario!! Sounds great. I really like the bass. I had a squire bass one time and I really liked it. I now have a Gibson hollow body Les Paul bass That I love. Thanks for sharing the song. occ
Posted By: boehm Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 02:22 PM
Hi Mario,

welcome back.
Nice relaxing tune.
You do a good job on the wind controller
and the guitar.

Guenter
Posted By: dani48 Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 08:21 PM
Hi, Mario !

The mysterious start
turned into a most
ambient and sweet tune, wow!!!:))
Have always loved ambient
tunes, this was no exception !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 11:27 PM
hi marioD this is very creative and mixed nicely very engageing thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Mac Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/19/13 11:50 PM
Sounds good, Mario.

--Mac
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/20/13 01:15 AM
Maracas too!

Is there no end to your talent?:>

Loved it ma friend.

Later,
Posted By: rsdean Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/20/13 12:23 PM
Mario,

Sounding good - love the feel and arrangement.

Bob
Posted By: gruverider Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/20/13 10:30 PM
love the chord progression. well done all around!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/20/13 11:32 PM
Thanx all for listening and the very nice comments, I greatly appreciate them.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/21/13 10:24 AM
Hi Mario

It's good to see you back in the forum smile I enjoyed listening to this composition. As with all your music, I simply sit back, close my eyes and let the imagery flow. You never disappoint.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/21/13 04:31 PM
Very accessible jazz. Beautiful flute and guitar sounds. Answer to the title question: I'm Thinkin' This is Pretty Damn Good!

Aleck
Posted By: MarioD Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/22/13 07:16 PM
Thanx Noel and Aleck for listening and the very kind reviews.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/23/13 03:27 PM
Mario,

As with you, "life" has been keeping me away from the forum for a few weeks, and I almost missed this one. Glad I didn't!

You keep getting better with the wind controller. And your guitar work is as good as ever. I really enjoyed this nice, relaxing tune!

Steve
Posted By: bluage Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/23/13 07:23 PM
"MarioD"...

There is no way in the world that anyone who professes to appreciate music could ignore this song, which I think is sublimely beautiful. The chord changes have a lush, mystical feel that I find rather haunting, and the strings, the flute, they sound positively ethereal.

This a fragile, moody, and emotionally-affecting piece that I will listen to over, and over, and over again, as I'm doing right now! Keep this up.

I wish you well, in all ways.

Sincerely,

bluage
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/24/13 03:54 PM
Being an old bluegrasser I've never figured out why I'm a sucker for all things flutish (we just worked one into a new tune) but I am and it drew me right into this. I really like it. Great blend of RT's and your playing. Oh, nice tone on the nylon strings too.
Posted By: jim111 Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/24/13 07:34 PM
Good job, Mario. I'm thinkin' I really enjoyed your tune. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Whats Ya Thinkin' - 10/25/13 09:09 PM
Thanx for listening and the very nice comments.

Steve, I practice when I can on the wind controller and I think that it is finally starting to come together.

Blueage, I’m going to have to wait until my head unswells before I try going through my studio door! Thanx for the outstanding review.

Janice & Bud – I also like the sound of the flute. I have a number of Herbie Mann albums. FYI no RTs were used in this song. It is all MIDI except for the nylon string guitar.

Thanx Jim111 for the kind review.
© PG Music Forums