PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. Passing Through - 11/03/13 07:36 PM
hi guys working with Jabb all midi except guitar solo thanks for listening and feed back Eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/passing-through Title: Passing Through
File:Passing Through.MGU
Key=C , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=4:07
4 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 36. Repeat x3 choruses
Melody has 507 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is EKLUGH.STY (EKlugh (Fusion))
Style MIDI Instruments are : Fretless Elec. Bass (36), Acoustic Piano (1), Muted Electric Guit (29), Synth Strings 1 (51),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Passing Through - 11/03/13 08:55 PM
Eric,

As always, your guitar sound is superb. I thought your guitar licks were very tasteful in this one.

May just be me, but the midi sounds for the other lead instrument (I'm assuming it was the muted electric guit) didn't really work that well for me. It sounded too dated to me. Others may love it, though, so take that with a grain of salt. I thought most of the other midi sounds were pretty good.

A nice song, though!

Steve
Posted By: bluage Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 12:04 AM
Hi, "F.M.M."...

I like everything about "Passing Through". It's a nice title that fits the mood of the song. The melody is attractive and has an airy, upbeat feel; the rhythm section moseys on down the road with a leisurely strut; the "changes" -- especially between the verses -- are beautiful, and the strings provide a nice, breezy cushion for the rest of the instruments to float on.

You're an interesting composer, and I like your sound.

bluage
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 06:57 AM
Hi Eric,

You're definitely the forum's master of this style of smooth jazz. It's always a pleasure to listen to you play the guitar. Your tone is always rich and warm.

I'm really impressed with JABB after hearing this. The bass, in particular, was excellent. I'm going to have to do some experimenting. I have JABB but I haven't used it a great deal.

I'm curious, did you try this mix with a single Realtrack (or maybe Realdrums) at all? I've found that sometimes, just a single Realtrack in a midi mix can lift the sound to whole new levels. Please don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this sound (to my ears). I'm simply curious.

As already stated, it's always a pleasure to hear you.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: boehm Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 09:15 AM
Hi Eric,

nice track. Good guitar sound as always.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 12:53 PM
eric - vey well done. your guitar is stellar - as always. I agree with Steve on the midi instrument sounding dated. But I did like the way you developed the melody with that instrument and followed with your guitar... floyd
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 02:43 PM
I like the overall tune.

The lead sound that you used... sounds like electric piano or something... oh, just looked at the OP... muted electric guitar. Obviously a midi patch.

I really liked the sound of the live guitar when you brought that in somewhere around the 1:30 point...

IMHO, you should have used live guitar in the entire song. Perhaps mix up the tone between clean and fat disto...

nice job though..... Liked it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Passing Through - 11/04/13 04:58 PM
Nice mellow jazz and, as usual, REALLY fine guitar -- the playing and the tone. I agree with others...throw some RT's and a RD in there!
© PG Music Forums