PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Manikin in the Window - 11/11/13 07:42 AM
Link is http://www.soundcloud.com/critterman
New song with all real tracks............Raw, not finished yet.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/11/13 01:10 PM
Excellent tune loved the guitar
Posted By: ROG Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/11/13 04:45 PM
Hey Critter.

I really liked that! Great feel to it and a powerful sound.

I note that you said it's still a bit raw and maybe one thing you could look at is brightening the mix a bit - it came across a tad dull on my system. Perhaps a bit of a boost around 3k might help.

But a great track all the same.

ROG.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/11/13 08:25 PM
Critter...

Listened to all the songs on your page. You are doing some very nice pop/rock style songs. Not a whole lot of that here usually...(ROG does it well - but he cheats... he plays it all himself!). It would be nice if you would list the RealTracks and styles you are using - so that others might benefit from the listen...

Sounds good.

floyd
Posted By: critter Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/12/13 07:29 AM
I did a little tweaking on Manikin let me Know what you think, it's still not finished but all comments help to better the sound, thanks.
http://www.soundcloud.com/critterman
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/12/13 02:11 PM
nice tune..... I enjoyed it .... it'll be interesting to hear it when it's finished and polished up.
Posted By: ROG Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/12/13 03:56 PM
Hey, straight away that tweaking makes it sounds better!

Now maybe bring the drum track up quite a bit - I always think a rock track like this needs a big drum sound to kick it along. If you've got a choice of kits, something with a powerful snare and a touch of reverb.

This could be a really good track.

ROG.
Posted By: Frankp Re: Manikin in the Window - 11/12/13 07:42 PM
Yes, I haven't heard much of this style done with BIAB. I also would be interested in a listening of what tracks were used/created (of course the voice you did yourself).

Sounds good, thanks for posting.
© PG Music Forums