PG Music Home
Posted By: murf100 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 01:45 PM
Here is my latest new recording. I have a thread running in the recording section if you are interested in the technical details. I think it is a fun song, and also shows what one person can do with BIAB.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12581453&q=hi&newref=1

There is also a you tube to match the song. You'll find it if you go to you tube and search "aging hippie 64"

Enjoy

Brian
Posted By: tommyad Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 01:58 PM
Brian, A lot of good lines in this one. I especially liked "still a hippie in his head". Nice surprise ending with the party sounds. The low back up vocal harkens back to the 60's vocal groups like The Chad Mitchell Trio. This also has kind of a Austin americana feel to it. I enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 03:50 PM
Hi Brian,

I can identify with your lyrics. Fun. Good job.
I like the harmonies.

Guenter
Posted By: gibson Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 04:39 PM
Brian,

I can identify with that from across the pond (UK) and I STILL have my long thinning grey hair.

+1 to the other comments

Alyn
Posted By: dani48 Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 05:16 PM
Hi, Brian,

Like the others, I can also identify
with your lyrics. Deep inside us
many of us are still a Hippie !:))
A very nice, uplifting and
nostalgic song !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Sundance Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/23/13 05:24 PM
What a fun listen Brian. You have a very nice voice. Well written - some funny lines in there. Especially liked the "hippie in his head" part. I thought the upbeat production fit the song well.

I haven't seen the video yet - in addition to the song link perhaps you would add the video link to your post - make it easy for me. <grin>

Good job.
Loved it !!! Thanks

Rick
Posted By: Scott C Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/26/13 11:55 PM
Neat song. I can of relate lol... Excellent listen. Loved the lyrics
Posted By: Danny C. Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/27/13 03:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
What a fun listen Brian. You have a very nice voice. Well written - some funny lines in there. Especially liked the "hippie in his head" part. I thought the upbeat production fit the song well.

I haven't seen the video yet - in addition to the song link perhaps you would add the video link to your post - make it easy for me. <grin>

Good job.

Ditto! I am also looking forward to the video. Could provide a link for the video?

Later,
Posted By: rsdean Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/27/13 12:06 PM
Loved it! Great job.

Bob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/27/13 04:10 PM
Brian,
Great lyrics and arrangement. It's got a Grateful Dead feel to it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear your next tune.
SD
Posted By: dcuny Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/28/13 05:27 AM
Solid write and production all around. Very enjoyable!
Posted By: aleck rand Re: 64 A song for all of us Aging Hippies - 11/29/13 11:47 PM
Brian,

Good tune. Here's what one aging hippie said to another, "Hey, man, wanna drop some antacid?"

Aleck Rand (aka Dean Clark)
© PG Music Forums