PG Music Home
Posted By: erloeser German children song and video - 11/23/13 09:24 PM
Hi,

I know that only Germans may have fun with this song, but as we have no “showroom” in the German part of the user forum, please allow me to introduce a german children-song I made with BB2013 and the video I performed with 4 Kids.

It all started when my ten year old daughter said: “Make a song about boys”.

So the song is about a boy who tries to be real cool, like a pocket sized Terminator.

All the music was made with BB 2013, based on the style _JAZFUNK.STY.

In fact, it became a mix of different styles:

Drums: Jazzfunkgroovin
Bass: Baby, Guajira
Piano: Rhythm Jazz Funk
Guitar: Rhythm Pop American
Synth: Synth, Rhythm Modern Dance Pop

I use BB to create different waves, export them and use them in Reaper.

The voices were recorded and the song was mixed in a studio

http://youtu.be/wHkdbYD-gNI
Posted By: sixchannel Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 09:37 PM
Thats the way to have FUN!!!! smile
Would love to see the translation.
Great little tune and I LOVE the "hook" in the chorus.
Brilliant - thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV.
cheers
ian
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 09:40 PM
Thank you so much!

It's impossible to translate the song, because I'm gaming around with the words. But just to give you an idea:

Part One:

You sneak across the schoolyard as a lone Tiger
You think you're the champ, the great high-flyer
Your style oh my god, I'm really not fussy
yet so as you go around here that's just embarrassing

Your deodorant smells exactly like the blue stuff in the toilet
Your clothes are really awful and your shoes too
Your mother told you're styling hours in front of the mirror
Your hair look like a flat driven hedgehog

Chorus:

Boy You're embarrassing
Yes, you're really
Outside you're a macho
but inside you're hollow

You don't know how things work
and you don't know what's up
and how to get a girl turned her head

Part Two

Your hero stories
just make me yawn
Your show at our parties
moves me to tears only

If you dance that's terrible
I do not want to moan now
but if you sing it sounds
as my cat would puke...

You and your friends
when I hear you
The nonsense you're talking about...
... You are truly disturbed

Football, bashing, daddeln ("daddeln" means playing with a computer in german slang)
that's your world
and I can not say that I like your world

Chorus....

Part Three

You're so convinced that all the girls love you
that no one can withstand you - I think is exaggerated
Your mother loves you and no one else
trie to become a man, and then come back, you pigmy

I am not happy that you pull me by the hair
and showing me like this that you are interested in me
Your stupid sayings, just leave them
then, some day, a girl will like you

Sax-Solo

Part Four

You don't have to cry now, You're still not at the end
With a bit of good sake you'll even manage the turn
Just stop playing the Terminator
Then you'll eventually experience your first kiss

Just try to be a boy, because you are one
Your macho style I don't care for it
Under this stupid shell there's indeed a core
a really nice guy which I like

Chorus
Posted By: Noel96 Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 10:15 PM
Hi erloeser,

You've done a brilliant job here with absolutely everything! "Professional, professional, professional" is shouting out loudly in my mind. It's a really enthusiastic standing ovation from me! The production was outstanding and the children were spectacular!

Personally, I love listening to songs in a language I can't understand because it forces me to pay more attention to the melody and harmony, and how the sounds in the lyrics flow. This song flowed flawlessly in every single aspect.

I hope you post more of your work. I'm a fan smile

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 10:29 PM
Hi,

Thank you so much... I would never have expected a reaction like this from professionals.

It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th.

I'll never be able to use the potential of BB, but I want to make some nice children's songs.

Children's songs always show children as the adults want to see them. I want to show them as they are.

And believe me: Working with children is a hard but funny job smile

You're right, the children did a good job. But at the set I had to act like a North Korean slave driver...

I was concerned, that the boy would appear as an idiot. But isn't he really cool?
Posted By: floyd jane Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 10:46 PM
Ronald,

This is PHENOMENAL!

Excellent in all regards. The music is infectious! (that's a good thing) The mix is, quite simply, professional.

The video is, by far, the best I've ever seen on any forum like this.
(How was it filmed? And what did you use to edit it?)

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME.

Bravo. More, please!!!

floyd
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/23/13 11:01 PM
@ floyd jane

thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like it!

The mix (out of the dry waves from BIAB) was made in a Studio Andreas Melzer Studio

The video was made with a DSLR (I think with a Canon 5D) by Ingo Kasten

He made the cut too. He uses Sony Vegas and he knows how to use the filters to give the impression of "film"

The video was recorded in the recording-studio, in an old railway-station and in a dancing-studio. I made a script before so it took "only" two and a half days wink We had tons of material

We practised with the girls for some weekends. Belevieve me, if you are working with Kids of 10 years you must have time. And you must have a perfect organisation (people say, that we germans like to organize)

Sixchannel said "thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV" He is right!

I spent a lot of $$$$ for this video. I will not earn any money with it.

But can you imagine, that the children will show this in a lot of years to their own children?

This is really priceless...

Posted By: Flatfoot Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 12:42 AM
Wow from me too! You got some great vocal work going on here. I never would have chosen the _jazfunk style for a song like this, but you made it work. The Rhodes licks fit very tastily.

I see why you cant really cant translate the words. I know very little German, but I can tell that you have puns and wordplay going on. Too bad I dont get the jokes.

I like the way the girls break character at the very end. I think it would be interesting to have little bits of these casual poses scattered here and there throughout the whole video. When we see the girls being themselves while the boy remains stuck in his character, it emphasizes the sense of real-vs-phony. We see that it is the girls who have the real power.

>>>...It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th...>>>>

I disagree. There is a simplicity and repetitiveness that is very appealing. But the details of the way you use the style and the changes give a nice up-to-date groove that makes is beleivable. I can beleive that real 10-year-old girls might be interested in this kind of music, more than they would be in an old-fashioned, cloned, 50s-rock groove.

Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 08:04 AM
Thank you, flatfood

Yes, the style ... The best thing on BIAB is, that you can play around with the styles and try things out.

And there will be no lead guitarist saying "I will not play it in a way like this" wink
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 11:24 AM
Ronald. That is FANTASTIC....I am so glad you posted the lyrics in English so I could follow along. The last line is just priceless.
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 12:12 PM
Thank you, Josie!

Such nice words from you.

I have listened to the songs of each one who wrote here. OMG! You are doing such great things.

I am only dust and you are so kind to me....

Ronald
Posted By: gibson Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 12:12 PM
THAT is excellent, amazing, awe inspiring and a 1st class production. And the truly professional video adds SO much to the song.
A + 100 to all the above comments.
Give the kids a round of applause from me, they were so professional in their deliveries.

A good way to start my day!

Alyn
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 12:24 PM
@ Alyn

the kids can't believe that people from the U.S.A., Australia, South Africa etc. are listen to their song and like it.

Their world is still so small here in the countryside near Cologne / Germany.

They are so proud, thank you so much!
Posted By: tommyad Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 02:02 PM
Ronald, Great Job! Music is the universal language. Very well recorded and produced. I enjoyed it immensely. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 04:10 PM
Hi Ronald,

ganz große Klasse! Super Text, Aufnahme und Video.
Alles sehr professionell.
Du hast recht: Die Arbeit mit Kindern ist schwer, macht aber Spaß. Ich weiß, wovon ich rede, denn ich hatte 36 Jahre lang eine Video AG an meiner Schule und habe auch einige Musikvideos gemacht. Dein Song hat mich an einen aus unserem Repertoire erinnert. Er wurde vor etwa 25 Jahren gemacht mit meinem jüngsten Sohn als Darsteller des "Dreamboy". Text und Musik wurde damals von den Schülern gemacht. Die Aufnahmequalität war damals natürlich weit unter deinem Level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Hör mal rein.
Guenter

Hi Ronald,

really great! Super lyrics, recording and video.
Everything was very professional.
You're right: Working with children is hard, but fun. I know what I'm talking about, because for 36 years I had a video workshop at my school and also made some music videos. Your song reminded me of one of our repertoire. It was made about 25 years ago with my youngest son starring as "Dreamboy". Lyrics and music were made ​​by the students. The recording quality was then, of course, far below your level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Just have a look.
Guenter

P.S. Dein Username ist schon etwas merkwürdig, oder?
Posted By: Sundance Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 04:44 PM
Great job Ronald!

I'll echo what everyone has already said. The kids are so cute and do a wonderful job, the song is fun, it looks and sounds great. The RTs you used in your arrangement fit perfectly. I'm totally impressed and enjoyed every minute of it.

Your hard work of writing, arranging, and planning really paid off!

This is something they will treasure and will also bring many others a smile.

Well done.
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 05:49 PM
@ tommyad and sundance,

I'm happy, that you enjoyed our litte song; you're right, music is something that brings us all together an makes the differences small...

Thank you for your nice postig!

@sundance

the hardest work was to keep the kids entertained over five hours while we were shooting the video.

The kids are asleep at night while standing ....
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 05:57 PM
Hallo Boehm,

ich finde es großartig, dass Du auch Projekte mit Kindern gemacht hast.

Natürlich waren die technischen Möglichkeiten vor 25 Jahren nicht so wie sie heute sind. Aber ich wette die Kinder hatten jede Menge Spass und schauen sich das heute auch noch an. Und das Teil ist entzückend. Toll, dass die Kinder das selbst komponiert haben, ich hoffe, sie haben immer noch Spaß an der Musik.

Was den Usernamen angeht: Jaja, aber den Spitznamen haben mir die Leute in meiner Firma verpasst, weil ich sie immer mal wieder retten muss wenn sie was verkackt haben. Die Telefonate begannen und beginnen mit "Ich brauch 'mal den Erlöser" wink

Hello Boehm,

It's great that you have done projects with children.

Of course, the technical possibilities have not been like today 25 years ago. But I bet the kids had a lot of fun. And that song is delightful.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 06:05 PM
Das ist absolut wunderbar! Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder. Ich kann sicherlich zustimmen, dass das ist, was die Kinder der Welt tun sollte. Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder für eine wunderbare Erwachen an diesem Morgen.
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 06:18 PM

Dear Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I think it's so nice that you write in German

You're right, that's what kids should do.

Children do exactly what you show them and what you awakens their interests. This is exhausting but very satisfying.

I always wanted to be a musician and I'm never become. Maybe I can nudge others on this path.
Posted By: dani48 Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 06:32 PM
Guten Abend, Ronald !

Ich wollte Sie auf deutsch schreiben
aber meine Sprache ist nich gut genug
so Ich muss leider in English fortzetzen !:))

Please, Ronald it IS some time since I
read german in school (over 50 years ago)
so I guess you will go easy with me !:))

I also liked the kids singing and the
tune. I share all the positive feedback
you (and they) have got from all the previous
commentators ! It really was a joy listening
to their unforced singing and very good singing
too !!!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 07:03 PM
Dear Dani,

how nice of you that you seek the German from your school days.

I feel really honored!

How I would love now to reply a few words in Finnish, but unfortunately I can not do anything.

Indeed, I have shown the children how to sing without pressure. Nice that you have noticed that.

Kiitos ja terveisiä (hope that google translator knows what it is doing here)

Ronald
Posted By: MartinB Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 07:11 PM
Hallo Ronald,

sehr schöne Produktion -> erinnert irgendwie an Rolf Zuckowvski - anstelle für Kinder nun eher für Jugendliche. Die Produktion könnte eine Inspiration für das eine oder andere Schulprojekt werden.
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 07:21 PM
Hallo Martin,

eigentlich ist das alles aus einer Art Gegenbewegung zum omnipräsenten Rolf Zuckowski entstanden.

Die Kids sollten nämlich zum Abschied der 4ten Klasse "Alte Schule, altes Haus" singen. Und das fand ich nun ganz doof, weil es so das Wunschdenken der Erwachsenen widerspiegelt. Ausserdem ist der Gang auf eine weiterführende Schule ja nichts weniger als das Ende von irgendwas...

Der Song "Meine alte Schule" (findest Du auf meinem Kanal) ist entstanden, indem die Kids als Hausaufgabe Zettel über ihre bleibenden Eindrücke ihrer Grundschulzeit niederschreiben sollten. Aus den Zetteln wurde das Lied, aus dem Lied haben wir dann noch ein schnelles Video gemacht. Diese Klasse hat nun ihr eigenes Abschiedslied, das kann ihnen niemand mehr nehmen.

Als die letzte Klappe fiel sagte eines der Kids "als nächstes ein Lied über bekloppte Jungs"
Posted By: jphillips Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 07:39 PM
Ronald:

Your song and video are great. I really enjoyed it and have watched several times.

My wife is a retired 3rd grade teacher (9 year-olds here in the U.S.) and she really enjoyed it. Reminded her of her teaching days.

Tell the kids they did a very good job.

John
Posted By: erloeser Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 07:52 PM
Dear John,

thank you so much. I'm happy that you enjoyed the video.

Many greetings to your wife. I believe children are the same all over the world. And ten-year-old kids are a very interesting species.

Be sure, that I will tell the children that you like what they have done...
Posted By: MartinB Re: German children song and video - 11/24/13 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: erloeser
Der Song "Meine alte Schule" (findest Du auf meinem Kanal) ist entstanden, indem die Kids als Hausaufgabe Zettel über ihre bleibenden Eindrücke ihrer Grundschulzeit niederschreiben sollten. Aus den Zetteln wurde das Lied, aus dem Lied haben wir dann noch ein schnelles Video gemacht. Diese Klasse hat nun ihr eigenes Abschiedslied, das kann ihnen niemand mehr nehmen.

Toll - ich finde es großartig, wie durch offensichtlich sehr begabte Begleitung und einfühlsames Engagement solch inspirierende Songs, Videos und Erinnerungen entstehen können.

*** Beste Wünsche für zukünftige Vorhaben ***

PS - weiter oben hattest Du ja eine Erklärung des gewählten Usernamen gegeben ... aber ist das nicht eher etwas für 'Insider'?
© PG Music Forums