PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C The Rayle - 12/06/13 03:37 AM
Song was named after my very first band in high school in the late 60's.

Done with RealBand
Real Bass 908
Real Drums Nashville Even 16

The Rayle
Posted By: gruverider Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 03:59 AM
you have a sweet smooth sound here. I'm curious did you record direct in, or did you mic an amp? Nice guitar by the way.
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 04:56 AM
Hi Gruverider .Thanks for the kind words. I direct mic'd the amp. Strat with old Fender Dlx Reverb..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 12:05 PM
Hi Scott,

Your song sounded good to my ears smile Out of curiosity, did you try SW (swing) 16-beat drums when you were putting this together? As I was listening, I found myself trying hear the difference between the EV (even) beat and a SW one. It would be an interesting comparison.

Hmmm... I seem to have sidetracked myself. Overall, you kept me listening all the way to the end. Thank you for sharing your work.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Digital Angel Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 12:10 PM
Nice work keep on jammin!
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 12:23 PM
Thanks Noel. Most of my songs with start noodling around then trying to find some chords to play the licks over. When I get a rough draft with the chords I add them to band in the box. This is where I love this product. Then I start sampling the styles. When I find one that I think suits the melody from the noodling I send it to RealBand then strip the instruments out that I can play. So you may be right with the influence from the swing styles as I love the rhythm of those tracks and it may be evident in when I record the other rhythm instruments I add..
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 12:25 PM
Hi Digital Angel

Thsnks for the comments. I really appreciate them..
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 01:03 PM
Scott, Very nice playing. I love hearing this easy listening kind of thing in the AM. Great way to start my day. Thanks for posting. Keep em coming. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 03:33 PM
Scott - An enjoyable listen. Guitar sounds great! Thought the drums could be up just a tad.. - floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 03:49 PM
Hi Tom

Thanks for the comments. I like the easy listening stuff in the morning too.

Hi Floyd

Thanks for the comments. Yes I have been working on the getting the drums a little louder. The mix kind of fools me as I run my sound card into a audio amp and speakers.. I also damaged my hearing early in my life. Hearing protection and decibels didn't seem to be important in my youth lol..
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 05:03 PM
Nice laid back tune Scott. Very relaxing
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 05:29 PM
Hi JosieC

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them.. Love your songs as well
Posted By: Sundance Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 07:10 PM
Quote:

Scott - An enjoyable listen. Guitar sounds great! Thought the drums could be up just a tad.. - floyd

+1

Sweet mellow tone Scott.

Josie
Posted By: sixchannel Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 08:39 PM
Hi Scott
a nice noodle and great guitar sound.
Sparse and yet nicely filled out.
You should clip off the Lead-In clicks to make it even better.
cheers
ian
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 09:46 PM
Hi, Scott !:))

I enjoyed your nice tune very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/06/13 10:01 PM
Josie, Ian and Dani Thank you very much for your comments I do appreciated them..
Posted By: boehm Re: The Rayle - 12/07/13 02:20 AM
Hi Scott,

very relaxing and enjoyable 'noodling'.

Guenter
Posted By: RichMac Re: The Rayle - 12/07/13 08:32 AM
Sweet. And a bit sentimental.
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/07/13 12:44 PM
Hi Guenter and Richard Thank you so much for your comments I do appreciate them...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Rayle - 12/08/13 03:14 PM
Hey Scott, that playing is sitting mighty well with my cup of joe on a rainy morning in GA. Sweet playing and the tone is just perfect. Thanks for the post!
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Rayle - 12/08/13 08:02 PM
Hi Janice and Bud. Thanks so much for your comments. I do appreciate them.
© PG Music Forums