Posted By: aleck rand A Christmas Song - 12/06/13 06:06 PM
Aleck Rand: electric nylon guitar
RT Bass 725
RC736 piano (edited midi track)
RealDrums JazzBrushesSticks#1
A CHRISTMAS SONG https://soundcloud.com/aleckrand/a-christmas-song
Posted By: sixchannel Re: A Christmas Song - 12/06/13 07:36 PM
Hi Aleck
I love this song and this arrangement is just wonderful.
What a super sound from the electric nylon - if only we could get these in the UK at a sensible price! Sigh!
Sparse backing that fills the ears just right.
Loved the "bells" at the end - Excellent.
cheers
Ian
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Christmas Song - 12/06/13 08:50 PM
Very nicely done, Dean. A very pleasant listen! - floyd
Posted By: tommyad Re: A Christmas Song - 12/06/13 09:02 PM
Dean, Excellent playing. Those nylon strings give it just the right texture. Sweet! Great ending. Don't all those xmas songs have great melodies? Merry Christmas to you and yours brother. Tom
Posted By: dani48 Re: A Christmas Song - 12/06/13 10:06 PM
Hi, Dean !

I also love this classic
Christmas song ! ...your
playing is just magic !!!!!
WOW !!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: boehm Re: A Christmas Song - 12/07/13 02:02 AM
Hi Dean,

Great. Enjoyed listening.

Guenter
Posted By: gruverider Re: A Christmas Song - 12/07/13 10:17 PM
much enjoyed, one of my favorite Christmas songs
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A Christmas Song - 12/07/13 10:35 PM
Pow! ZOOM!
another home run, Dean! Absolutely beautiful in every way!

(Now I need to decide if your playing inspires me or discourages me...)
Posted By: cubanpete Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 02:09 AM
Yep, one of my favorites too. terrific arrangement and playing.

Mike B.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 04:39 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very nicely done, Dean. A very pleasant listen! - floyd

+1 from me!
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 07:28 PM
Hey Tommy,

Thanks for your warm greeting brother. Yeh, this tune is probably the most beautiful of the Christmas songs.

And, I wish you and yours a peaceful and happy Christmas. Hope Santa treats you real good.

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 07:45 PM
Ian,

I had you in mind on this one. You know, I just got that Ibanez nylon electric. It's a "transition" guitar for non-classical players, i.e, it has the neck and fingerboard of an ordinary electric guitar, a flat top with a hole in the middle but with a thin body and cutaway.

But check this out: I got it for the low, low price of ... FREE! I had two old amps in the basement - functioning for decades essentially as dust collectors - and a cheap Alvarez classical guitar. I loaded up the car and drove off to Guitar Center. I bet you have them in England.

Anyway, they didn't want the classical, but after the smoke cleared and they took those two amps, they wound up owing me 2 cents! I told 'em, alright you bums, pay up! Just kidding, of course.

Glad you liked A Christmas Song. I thought the Jingle Bells intro and outro was pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 07:57 PM
Gosh Pat, it's been awhile. I've heard you've become a famous cat on - what's it called? - JellyTube or something like that?

Anyway, it's great to hear from you again. Listen, if you want to be encouraged and you're interested, I'll send you chord diagrams of every chord I play in the song. And that holds for anyone interested. I can't promise it will be fast, but you'll get 'em.

Hope Santa treats you good, pal.

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 08:00 PM
Merry Christmas Guenter and Gruverider.

I'm pleased that you liked the way I handled this beautiful tune. May Santa be good to you!

Dean
Posted By: Sundance Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 09:46 PM
Yikes, I could never even dream to play like that but I sure do enjoy hearing you do it.

Perhaps some DC user tracks will be in our future....oh yeah....now there's a scathingly brilliant idea if I do say so myself! <grin>

Eggnog anyone?

Happy Holidays Dean!
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/08/13 09:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Perhaps some DC user tracks will be in our future....oh yeah....now there's a scathingly brilliant idea if I do say so myself! <grin>
Eggnog anyone? Happy Holidays Dean!

Josie, you do have a way with a scathingly flattering compliment. And, sure, gimme some o' that eggnog. Happy Holidays to you as well!

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/10/13 04:26 PM
Dani, Josie and Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Merry Christmas to you all!

Dean
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Christmas Song - 12/17/13 01:55 PM
Nice. The electric nylon is fascinating. Guess I'm pretty provincial as I wasn't even aware of them. Really fine playing.
Posted By: aleck rand Re: A Christmas Song - 12/17/13 02:23 PM
Well there you go.

This one is an Ibanez but, Janice and Bud, talking about Christmas, it wasn't Santa that got me that guitar for the low low price of ... FREE. Instead, I took two old amps that had been sitting in the basement as dust collectors, took 'em over to Guitar Center and, when the smoke cleared, they wound up owing me 2 cents! That shows you that Ibanez is producing some very low priced and high quality instruments.

Happy Holidays and let Santa be as good to you.

Dean Clark (aka Aleck Rand)
© PG Music Forums