PG Music Home
Posted By: malevans Flavour - 12/07/13 11:49 PM
My first post and though I'm usually a vocalist and Guitar player I wanted to express my enthusiasm for the new String RT in BB 2014.

This is a randomly generated track with no form which used the new string quartet and a solo violin.

I took this over with a saved midi version and played with it in my DAW.

Hope you enjoy ..... I certainly had fun.

Here's the link.

https://soundcloud.com/malevans-1/flavour

smile
Posted By: malevans Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 12:15 AM
Sorry .... forgot to add Breverb Orchestra reverb, Sonar compresser and gate.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 12:24 AM
Hey Mal,

That sounds great!

For clarity, were you using the MIDI Realcharts from the new PopStrings, and your own VST MIDI strings patches? And not using the RealTacks themselves?

And to get the Realcharts, did you use the new drag and drop feature in 2014, where you just dragged the strings track to the MIDI area of the Dropbox?
Posted By: malevans Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 12:38 AM
Thanks Peter.

I just saved as a standard midi after generating a melody and retained the string quartet and solo violin. Two tracks, string quartet and solo violin.

In my Daw I used Symphobia, doubled up the strings with Brass and used a solo violin. The tracks were not changed at all from BB.

I will be writing lyrics for these new RT's and can't wait to write some songs. It was a hurried little project but fun galore and I love these new RT's.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 01:17 AM
Mal, simply gorgeous. The cathedral ambiance made me imagine myself on the scene at a huge cathedral in Europe with only an organist at the keys. Sort of Phantom Of The Opera-esque.

Is that not the goal of good music; to transport the listeners to a more pleasant locale? This one had me checking my passport to confirm my whereabouts.

More please!?
Posted By: malevans Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 01:21 AM
Thank you Don ..... I truly think that BB is nearing the point where, given that little bit of imagination, some epic sounds can be generated.

Appreciate the comments.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 03:10 AM
What a beautiful piece of music. Definitely a feel good piece..
Posted By: boehm Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 04:12 AM
Hi Mal,

really convincing.
Enjoyed that a lot.

Guenter
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 04:37 AM
Hi Mal
I enjoyed that. I must say I am looking forward to using the BIAB real strings.
Posted By: malevans Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 02:23 PM
Thanks for such lovely comments.

I've been listening to other peoples efforts and am impressed by the quality in a lot of cases. Some true Artists here.

It's difficult getting good sound. Editing on your own computer is an art in itself but when you upload I wonder if the file is compressed by the site and degraded somewhat.

I'll add those tracks I enjoyed .... Beats Facebook hands down and Kar sites Aghhhh!

laugh
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 04:09 PM
Mal - sounds terrific! Thanks for sharing - floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 04:30 PM
Mal,

Beautiful sound and movement.

All the free music sharing sites compress the uploaded file to a 128 mp3 for playback.

Josie
Posted By: dani48 Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 07:39 PM
Hi, Mal !

There is something divine Bachlike about
your progressions and it made me reflect
on the time when I sung all those great
chorals and Bach´s Christmas Oratory, not
to forget the real father of neverending
counterpoint Giovanni Pierluigi de Palestrina,
whom I adore and whose masses I´d love
to sing again as in those golden days !!!!!!:)))
Just simply great !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: tommyad Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 07:59 PM
Mal, Welcome. That is a huge sound. Love the progression. The brass really makes it stand out and come alive. Looking forward to next creation. Tom
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 09:49 PM
Mal, that sounded wonderful!
cheers
ian
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Flavour - 12/08/13 09:53 PM
Nice sound. I'm always being amazed at what this program can do. My only crit on this is that it's too long and repetitive. I notice that when I allow BB to generate a song, it can be excessively long. So I normally edit for length.

Remember the old show biz expression..... Always leave them wanting more.

© PG Music Forums