PG Music Home
I really haven't written many Christmas tunes -- only two. Maybe one year I will do a whole album's worth.

Feel free to post your older Christmas songs here also (new songs deserve a new thread!). No need to comment -- just enjoy (hopefully).

1.) Bad Bad Santa (Leach/Emmrich) A bluesy Christams song (non-BIAB) from 2008. I have lost the original tracks, but I really should re-do it.

2.) Red Fire Truck From 2010 using BIAB
Kevin - I know you said comments weren't necessary.. but... I remember Red Fire Truck from last year... Really liked Bad Bad Santa... you did a good job on that.... you should definitely try a BIAB version with the slower Texas Blues tracks... it would kill!
Kevin,

I always enjoy hearing yours again.

Merry Christmas.

Josie
Nice Kevin. I hope you gonna do these on SJ
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
I really haven't written many Christmas tunes -- only two. Maybe one year I will do a whole album's worth.

Feel free to post your older Christmas songs here also (new songs deserve a new thread!). No need to comment -- just enjoy (hopefully).

1.) Bad Bad Santa (Leach/Emmrich) A bluesy Christams song (non-BIAB) from 2008. I have lost the original tracks, but I really should re-do it.

2.) Red Fire Truck From 2010 using BIAB

Bad, Bad Santa would sounds great and would sound even greater (?) with the new RTs for Blues that are around now.
Red Fire Truck - As we say here "what goes around, comes around". I think we all can remember something that we desperately wished for from Santa only to find it underneath the Christmas Tree on Dec 25th at whatever cost to our Parents AND then hearing those same Wishes from our own children and making sure that the magic of Christmas was just as special for them. Brought back good memories.
cheers
Ian
Kevin,

Thanks for the re post, I loved them last year and I love them again this year.

When ya gonna be on the Jelly again, I miss ya?

Later,
Kevin,

I enjoyed listening to these! Nice sound.

Steve
Floyd: Thanks for the comments (ha, ha). I don't think I could improve on that backing for Bad, Bad santa!

Sundance: .. and a Merry Christmas to you also.

JosieC: I don't have versions of these to do on SJ -- well maybe Red Fire Truck, but it is not "practiced" enough.

sixchannel: Rob Leach is one of my favorite composers and the groove he lays down here is hard to beat. I just don't think I could create a similar vibe in RT land. Thanks for the listen!!!

Danny C.: I haven't performed on SJ in a month! Maybe I will try and do some luchtime gigs this week. ... or maybe after Christmas.

Steve: Thanks for stopping on by.
I like them both and glad you reposted. I'm in with floyd on the suggestion of the blues tracks -- I can really hear Jack Pearson's guitar there!
© PG Music Forums