PG Music Home
Posted By: bluesforthegirl Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 05:49 AM
Red, White and Blue - song by Joe Hart

I wrote this song last year and recorded the practice session on a Sony field recorder.

I dropped the chords for my song I wrote into BIAB. My daughter Amber sang the song for me while I output BIAB through the PA. I did a little guitar and my wife played shaker and played flute.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 01:06 PM
Nice listen. Very special when all the family joins in. Flute was a nice touch... Thanks for sharing
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 01:16 PM
Joe,

Terrific first post there! Welcome to the forum!

Nice to make it a family affairs. Amber's singing sounds good. And the flute is a great add.

You might want to included the lyrics - either here or on your soundcloud page. Some of the words are difficult to catch....

Nice job with the BIAB backing!

floyd
Posted By: tommyad Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 01:59 PM
Joe, Welcome to the forum. I like the song . The vocalist does a good job. I would like to hear this again after you record to a DAW. It's much easier these days to learn to multitrack than it used to be. You can find all the help you need in some of the technical forums. There are plenty of folks here happy to help with questions you might have. You and the family sure have the musical ability to make some great recordings. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the song. Tom
Posted By: Sundance Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 04:18 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Users Showcase!

Cool first post, I like it - has a "Woodstock" vibe to me. As Floyd mentioned it's good to post the lyrics as some of the words were hard to catch. Realband is a capable DAW that comes with BIAB, and there is also Reaper one of the most popular DAWS that you can try for free.

BTW, love that flute. Maybe we can get your wife to make some flute user tracks. (see user track forum for details).

Josie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Joe, Welcome to the forum. I like the song . The vocalist does a good job. I would like to hear this again after you record to a DAW. It's much easier these days to learn to multitrack than it used to be. You can find all the help you need in some of the technical forums. There are plenty of folks here happy to help with questions you might have. You and the family sure have the musical ability to make some great recordings. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the song. Tom

Plus 1 all the way -- look forward to more!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Red, White and Blue - 12/21/13 10:36 PM
I love a family production and this is a good one.

Kudos to you all!

Merry Christmas,
© PG Music Forums