PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/21/13 11:30 PM
Here you go...My wife, Di, singing a sexy, sultry Pop R&B thing we wrote a couple of years ago. Hope you enjoy it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11146103

The vocal is a little too forward in the mix...will drop it back a little next time I get to it.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 02:09 AM
That's a beautiful voice, Di! Thank you so much.

Thanks also for encouraging me on my music. I consider myself as the least talented on these forums...sorta the worst case scenario!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 02:33 AM
Wow, Alan and Di, that is a beautiful voice. I will go back for second helpings later.

I also was stationed in Germany for five years, two years in Nuremberg and three years in Schweinfort. I absolutely loved the people as well as their beer and food. I understand the language a lot better than I write or speak it.

Excluding me, you will discover an immense fount of talent here. You will love these musicians as much as I do.

We also frequent a busking site called www.streetjelly.com where we we can exhibit our talent before a live audience of our peers. Your viewers reward you with tokens. Don't expect to get rich, I think the tokens are valued at $0.18 each but it's wonderful to be acknowledged by your peers.
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 02:36 AM
Hi Don...

Awwww, thank you so much! I am so happy you enjoyed it! Alan and I were talking a few minutes ago...if you're the worst case scenario then there isn't a bad artist here. We both enjoyed listening to you very much. Merry Christmas from both of us.

Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 02:45 AM
Don,

Al here this time. We just saw your follow-up post. I am retired from the Army, 1965 - 1988. I spent 3 tours in Germany. My MOS was a very small one...only 95 of us in the Army, all ranks, worldwide. there wasn't a single officer in our MOS. Our commanders were always from related MOS's. I retired as a 42E4H, it's now a 68G, I think. Anyway, we didn't travel much. We rarely spent less than 4 years at a duty station if we were grade E-6 or above. I had cush assignments!

I still read, write and speak passable German but have forgotten a lot. I go on the internet and read the German newspapers from time to time. I've been to both Nurnburg and Schweinfurt. I played in a band at the NOC clubs at almost every Army Installation between K-town, Munich ands Hanau. Played 25 - 28 shows a month! I was lucky to have worked for a 2-star general much of the time and set my own hours.

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my wife's singing. We just got married this past May but have been together for 4 years. She sings almost as pretty as she looks!

Don't sell yourself short...your music is great! We thoroughly enjoyed listening to you! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 02:46 AM
PS, Don,

I am familiar with Streetjelly but haven't done anything there. Will look into it more...thanks!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 03:09 AM
We have a proverbial ball over there. At 9:30 Central, a little girl, Summer,, comes on. You needn't register to watch but if you want a dialogue with the performers you need to register. It's still free. I'll be among the viewers. Hope to see you both there. You don't need to tip if you don't want to.
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 03:20 AM
Beautiful song. Well written, playing and the singing was awesome. Thanks for sharing....
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 04:32 AM
Don,

We're headed to Alabama on Monday will drop in at Streetjelly when we get back. We'll look for you and the girl you referred to. We'll see about performing some of music also. Thanks for the info.

Al
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 04:34 AM
Hi Scott!

My wife thanks you very much, as I do, for the nice comments on her singing. I cannot take any credit for the performance of the music. I wrote the music (chord pattern and arrangement) but all the instruments are BIAB. Di and I wrote the lyric together. We appreciate all the nice words! best to you and Merry Christmas.

Al & Di
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 12:06 PM
Alan and Di, What an excellent piece of team work. Very professional, smooth, easy listening. Great lyrics, nice solo on the EP, all round sultry style. Easy on the ears, that one!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 12:22 PM
My but that IS Smooth and Sexy!
The Lady has a Great singing voice.
Good BIAB track selection too - the instro solo is a superb fit.
Well done to you both.
I really enjoyed it. Now I need a bucket of cold water to throw over myself!!
cheers
ian
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 01:12 PM
cool tune, great voice.... what's not to like about that.
Posted By: tommyad Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 01:18 PM
Alan and Di, Definitely got an Anita Baker vibe from this. That's not a bad place to be. Great mix,production and playing. Of course the vocal is excellent. Glad you guys are here on the forum. All the best, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 03:01 PM
Cool feel all the way around. I agree with Tommy on the Anita vibe and also that it's a good place to be. Casual and unforced aura in a Peggy Lee manner -- really enjoyable listen!!
Posted By: boehm Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 05:57 PM
Hi Di and Al,
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Beautiful song. Well written, playing and the singing was awesome. Thanks for sharing....

Merry Christmas.

Guenter
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:03 PM
Video track,

Thank you so much for all those kind comments. I don't think the stores have hats big enough for us to wear now! Seriously, we do appreciate you supportive and warm comments!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:06 PM
Ian,

Thank you so much! Those are some real nice comments you left for us! My wife just started singing 7 or 8 years ago. She never knew she had a good voice until someone told her. Wishing you the best,

Al & Di

PS: I've (Al) been to England twice, both times to a small place called Burtonwood. It's near Warrington. Enjoyed my stay there.
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:07 PM
Herb,

nice to "meet" you! And thanks for the kind words. They are, indeed, appreciated. Merry Christmas...

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:09 PM
Tommy,

Well, an Anita Baker analogy works!!!!! That's high praise...we both thank you for your kindness. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas...

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:11 PM
Hi Janice & Bud!

why, thank you guys so much for those glowing comments! Di has been cross-referenced with Peggy lee before, as well as Julie London, Doris Day and Patsy Cline. She certainly appreciates hearing all these nice comments, as do I1 Merry Christmas...

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:13 PM
Guenther...

Thank you very much! We appreciate that! Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas....

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 09:16 PM
We will be over to listen to everyone who has commented, and hopefully many others, as quickly as we can. With the holidays here and our families scattered (Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama and South Caroline), we're staying pretty busy. Plus I do guitar work for other song writers and some local session stuff. Also, I (Al) write novels and I am in the midst of three novels right now. Time is hard to come by. But, we will get there...promise!

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!!!

Al & Di
Posted By: floyd jane Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/22/13 11:19 PM
Di (and Alan) -

A very "soulful" vocal. And nice instrumentation - different than most of the stuff we hear. A welcome change of pace...

Y'all have a great Christmas!

floyd
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/23/13 04:56 AM
Floyd,

Di says "Thanks so much!", as do I. We do quite a bit of R&B, Urban Pop, Blues and Big Band stuff. We'll sprinkle a little of that around from time to time. Again, thanks for the very kind words.

Al & Di
Posted By: gruverider Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/24/13 09:42 PM
sweet R&B song, smooth vocal and well written

much enjoyed

Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/25/13 03:05 AM
Di & Alan,

Very soulful and smooth,two of my favorite things!

Merry Christmas.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/25/13 04:46 PM
Very nice song ... sexy vocals ... nice arrangement, like the whispering strings. Sounds like it could use some guitar ...
Posted By: Sundance Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/26/13 03:19 AM
Alan and Di,

Steamy vibe and smooth production. I like the arrangement instrument choices too.

Josie
Posted By: dani48 Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/27/13 12:06 AM
Hi, Al & Di !

Just back from a trip to Estonia
and listening to your most enjoyable
tune ! Di has a lovely voice just
perfect for the backing which is
pretty nice also !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/27/13 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Di & Alan,

Very soulful and smooth,two of my favorite things!

Merry Christmas.

Danny, coming from a former "Whiskey Drummer", soulful and smooth impart a ho nudder connotation.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/27/13 01:14 AM
Hi Di and Alan,

Quote:
A very "soulful" vocal. And nice instrumentation - different than most of the stuff we hear. A welcome change of pace...

I wholeheartedly endorse floyd's thoughts.

Really pleasant and exquisitely written and performed music.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 05:16 AM
Hi Everyone...

We just got back from Christmas travel a few hours ago. We visited my step-daughter and her family. They live in the country and have no Internet...yikes! Di and I went half-crazy...well, more so than we already are...with no0 access to the outside word.

Thanks to all who dropped in for a listen and left us a kind word or two. We appreciate it so very much. I (Al) will be back to reply to everyone personally either late tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again. And we hope e3veryone had a wonderful Christmas and that 2014 is good to you and your music.

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:03 PM
Gruverider,

Thanks so much for the listen and very nice comments...much appreciated! And we hope you had a great Christmas, too. Happy New Year....

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:05 PM
Hi Danny...

Thank you very much! R&B is one of our very favorite genres. Di is a natural for vocals in that genre. I struggle with it...heck, I struggle with everything I sing! Thanks again. We hope 2014 is your best year yet!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:07 PM
Elliot...

Good to "meet" you! We'll be over to hear you real soon. And thank you for the kind words! I'm a guitarist and tried to put in a little guitar work but it seemed to either clash or get in the way of the simplicity of the arrangement. It's probably just me not getting the right mix or right riff! Thanks again. Wishing you a great 2014...

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:09 PM
HI Josie!

Awww...you're too nice. But, we'll find a way to deal with it...don't stop! We're delighted yuou enjoyed this. Thanks for letting us know. here's hoping for a fantastic 2014!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:10 PM
Hi Dani...

Hope you had a good trip to Estonia. And thank you for your very nice comments! We really so appreciate them! Happy New year!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:11 PM
Don...

We'll take that...what you and Danny said! Thanks so much! This was our very first song using BIAB. I guess it turned out decent! Thanks again! Happy 2014!

Al & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Burning" - My Wife On Vocals - 12/29/13 04:13 PM
Noel...

Thank you very much for the kind words. they mean a lot to us. The music was pretty simple to right. Di's voice is what sells it, in my opinion. We both appreciate your kindness! Hope 2014 is great to you...

Al & Di
© PG Music Forums