PG Music Home
Posted By: olemon First BIAB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/26/13 08:23 PM
Here's an older song of mine re-created with BIAB. I'm new to the software, so didn't attempt to edit the generated tracks, but got the basics from tutorials and posts here, and thanks to Guitarhacker:)

http://soundcloud.com/blushasta-music/one-of-those-days

All real tracks, thank you Santa, exported as wav files into Sonar X3, except my vocal, which I recorded in Sonar X3. Mixed all tracks in Sonar.

Real Drums

Real Tracks:

370 Pedal Steel
527 Acoustic Guitar
532 Acoustic Bass
1112 Fiddle
2123 Piano
Posted By: DrDan Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/26/13 08:30 PM
Hey, ain't nothing wrong with that. Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the forum. We look forward to more.
Welcome
I wish my first efforts with BIAB had been as good as this!
Good song, good lyrics and good singing - what more could you ask for. Oh I know - good BIAB too! lol!
cheers
ian
Of course, seeing my name in the post,..... I have to listen.

Nice first tune with BiaB. What's not to love about real country music?

You have a good "country voice" BTW....
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/26/13 09:52 PM
Nice song. Good job in all respects. Looks like you've been writing, playing and recording for a while. You're going to love BIAB and the Forum Friends. These folks have answers to all your questions.
Welcome to the forum!!
SpaceDog
Posted By: Noel96 Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/26/13 11:24 PM
Hi Olemon,

Welcome to the forums smile

Ain't BIAB fantastic!

As Ian has already said, "I wish my first efforts with BIAB had been as good as this!" I echo his experience exactly.

What you've put together with this song is something to be proud of. The only way to get better with this songwriting tool from PG Music is to practise. It seems to me that you are already well up the songwriting and performing ladder! You've got a great voice.

More please.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/26/13 11:28 PM
Your voice matches the song. Wish I could sing with such confidence and conviction. Nice ballad and a good choice of instruments.

What style did you use to start building the song? Whatever it is works good with country ballads.

Great start with BIAB.
Posted By: boehm Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/27/13 03:56 PM
Hi Olemon,

welcome to the forum.
Nice first tune with BiaB.
You have got a good voice.

Guenter
Yep that was great, an old fashioned sounding country song. You have a nice voice.
Posted By: dani48 Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/27/13 06:00 PM
Hi, Olemon !:))

I enjoyed your sweet tune
truly very much ! You do have
a very pleasant voice that went truly
well with the backing !:))

Welcome !:))

Cheers
Dani
Olemon,

Terrific first post. Love the old-country feel of this.
Nice job with the tracks - and a nice smooth vocal.

Welcome!

floyd
Posted By: Al-David Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/29/13 05:11 AM
Hi!

Sounds pretty danged good to us! we loved our listen. Nothing like a good ole Traditional Country song. I (Al) grew up playing this style of music. You picked the perfect instruments and mixed them nicely. You have that country sound in your voice.

Very nicely done, indeed! Have fun with your BIAB. And hope 2014 is good to you...

Al & Di
Posted By: olemon Re: First BIAB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/30/13 12:01 AM
Thanks so much for listening and taking the time to comment. I'm so happy you liked the song. You're all too kind.

The instrument tracks don't always match the melody, but I was so excited about what BiaB had generated, I just couldn't wait to get some feedback.

For my next song I'll have to do some better editing/mixing. Right now I'm having trouble with Real Band, so getting that resolved is next.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Fantastic! If that's where you are starting with BiaB, then I can't wait to hear what you can do when you get the hang of it (ha ha)
Really nice work
Posted By: olemon Re: First BIAB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/30/13 01:01 AM
Like I said, too kind. Thank you.
First rate. Thanks
Posted By: Sundance Re: First BAIB Project - One Of Those Days - 12/30/13 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Olemon,

Terrific first post. Love the old-country feel of this.
Nice job with the tracks - and a nice smooth vocal.

Welcome!

floyd

+1 Welcome to the forum!

Josie
© PG Music Forums