PG Music Home
Posted By: Greg Johnson New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 01:07 AM
Dear PG music kindred spirits, thanks so much for the nice feedback. This is a song that came "right out of the box". It is from the reggae real tracks and only Latin percussion from EZDrummer was added to those. Let me know what you think. Take care. Happy New Year!! Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/master-gregjohnson-thats-why
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 01:18 AM
Another really nice one Greg, with outstanding Vocals.

Just not sure about the levels, sounds like it could be just clipping, to me the bass sounded like it was distorting slightly, especially at the start. What were the peaks set at in the recording?

Apart from that its a great number, and really nice lyrics, with a great vibe, and as I mentioned, really well performed lead and backing vocals. Good job again.
Posted By: Al-David Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 01:59 AM
Hi Greg...

I think this is the first time we've listened to you. We've been hear just under two week sand having a ball!

Love Ska Reggae! You did a real nice job with the percussions on this...not too much but just the right amount. I've (Al) found it is very easy and tempting to overdo the percussions with Reggae, particularly Ska Reggae. Great lyric and arrangement. We totally loved it! Nice work! All the best to you...

Al & Di
Posted By: Scott C Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 04:44 AM
Excellent song. Excellent singing and lyrics. Well done
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 01:34 PM
Greg,

Beautifully done. Solid mix. Solid lyric (would like to see them posted). Terrific vocal and harmonies. Is the tambourine from EZ Drummer?

Top-shelf stuff, mon.

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 03:27 PM
Hi Greg,

very nice song. Especially like
the voice and background vocals.

Guenter
cool.... I wanted to listen on cans.... my speakers didn't do this justice on the biz computer.

Nice job. Loved the groove.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 05:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool.... I wanted to listen on cans.... my speakers didn't do this justice on the biz computer.

Oh but mine did! All that lovely reggae Bass bouncing the cones nicely. Maybe a tad too loud in the mix for some but personally I like Bass and Drums high in the mix.
Great lyrics - truth, man. Could be the motto for the PG Forums smile
I like the use of carrying the lines offset in the backing vocals - not many tunes that you can do that with and works really well here.
Enjoyed it very much.
Ian
Posted By: dani48 Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 10:13 PM
Hi, Master Greg !:))

I enjoyed your tune truly much !
and not only for the answers
you are providing those who
ask the question you are
providing the answers to!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: tommyad Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/03/14 11:09 PM
Greg, Really nice song, Great vocals. The mix sounds good nice stereo wash. Thumbs up! Tom
Posted By: ROG Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/04/14 12:00 AM
Loved everything about this.

A lovely hard-core reggae sound, but with a slightly more sophisticated chord sequence. Wonderful vocals, excellent production and mix and it leaves you singing the hook line, which is just how it should be.

Fabulous.

ROG.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the kind words!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/04/14 03:26 AM
Hey Greg,

I've been on the Users Showcase board since it began and I must say that you have one of the nicest sounding male voices I've heard on here. Simply beautiful tone and style. I'm guessing if you're a former or current performer you get lots of female fans. <grin>

What a great song. The reggae style choice was perfect. The counter melodies background vocals were spot on. The arrangement you got out of the box fit (always a good thing when that happens for any of us). I liked those added drums and your lyrics were inspired.

I'm adding this song to my favorites. I loved every minute of it and played it for my husband too.

Well done.

Josie
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: New song post: THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE - 01/05/14 07:35 PM
Hi Greg.

I really liked your song. Love the reggae and like others have said, your vocals were mixed in really well. I also liked the tambourine and was thinking how did you do that? - BIAB - Midi VST - Tambourine mic'd up? I thought you mic'd up your tambourine - thats my guess anyway!

Great effort, one that spurs the rest of us on to make better music.
THanks for the kind words Paul. Actually the tambourine was a from a file a friend of mine sent me. Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums