PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 01:47 AM
I am just stumbling around in version 2014 so this is just me having a blast and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case I get lost. Okay, I'm lost!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12630637&q=hi&newref=1

Just listening and the backing is too far back. A hazard of trying to mix with cans. See, you learned SOMETHING anyway.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 03:16 AM
You know those guitar players, Don...

They always have to be turn that amp up louder than everybody else...

If I could pick like that... I'd crank it up, too!

Keep 'em coming!

floyd
Posted By: rsdean Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 03:35 AM
Nice one Don - sounds great!

Bob
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 04:03 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
You know those guitar players, Don...

They always have to be turn that amp up louder than everybody else...

If I could pick like that... I'd crank it up, too!

Keep 'em coming!

floyd

Floyd, it wouldn't go above "11", dang!

I can fix it...know why? I saved ALL of the tracks, just like the MASTER (you) taught me!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 04:17 AM
Thanks for listening, Bob, much appreciated.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 04:46 AM
AH...son... don't you worry about it.. go on to your party...

..... we'll fix it in the mix....
Posted By: dani48 Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 09:26 AM
Hi, Don !:))

I loved this one, I like the chords
and that great progressions you use here,
just super !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: ROG Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 11:02 AM
Hey Don my old pal, I found I couldn't listen to that sitting down!

Might even have to take up dancing lessons.

I put it on the big monitors, wound up the volume and it sounded GREAT!

Let's have some more, please.

ROG.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 11:35 AM
I just can't stop my heel from stompin' against the floor
Nice, real nice.
Definitely had to listen to that more than once.

Posted By: tommyad Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 01:33 PM
Don, Yee Haw. That is music to my ears. I too like the chord progressions. Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 03:04 PM
Hey, that's a fun listen! And even if it wouldn't go past eleven be glad you've got an "11" cause I'm stuck with just a ordinary "10" on all my equipment. Rock on.
Posted By: boehm Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 03:39 PM
Hi Don,

a fun listen.
Brent is the greatest.
Nice chords.

Guenter
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 06:52 PM
Dani, ROG, Video Track, Tommy, Janice & Bud, Guenter, I really appreciate your listening and especially for commenting.

I am having great fun with version 2014. It is so loaded with features that it may take a year to become familiar with everything and another year to become reasonably proficient in their application.

Thanks to all my musician friends and a special thanks to Peter for this award and, again, for this fabulous software.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I am just stumbling around in version 2014 so this is just me having a blast and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case I get lost. Okay, I'm lost!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12630637&q=hi&newref=1

Just listening and the backing is too far back. A hazard of trying to mix with cans. See, you learned SOMETHING anyway.

Nothing wrong with your levels. All that happened was Brent had his Vol on 7 for setting levels and when you hit Record he turned it up to 10. grin
We have a house band in which the Bass player does it all the time!!
Enjoyable sound file , Don
Ian
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 07:32 PM
Ian, as they say in the Southern Provinces, gracias, amigo.

That is surly what happened, sabotage!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 08:44 PM
Hey Don, really nice one! And ya know what made it even better and totally cracked me up? I loaded your song in a smaller browser window and while I listened I watched your dancing chicken in the forum window behind. That chicken is in perfect step with this music and, as I said, cracked me up! Thanks for the smile on this cold, snowy day!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 08:58 PM
John 3x,

Sheeesh, I think dancing chickens require a Cabaret License in most jurisdictions. Peter could get busted by the RCMP Chicken Constabulary for inciting chickens to dance when he says: "Have fun!"
Posted By: Al-David Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 10:54 PM
Hi Don...

If someone has to pick on you, none better than Brent! As a picker, I am always blown away by his stuff. Loved the listen...nicely done!

I just got my 2014 update and having a blast...loving all the new gizmos but taking a little bit to get used to the new interface.

Thanks for a real nice listen!

Al & Di
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/04/14 11:56 PM
Al, yes, Brent simply mesmerizes me.

Did you and Di realize that tiny Lana Mason is Brent's niece and Ryman Auditorium is where her daddy, Randy Mason, plays guitar and/or drums in the Grand Ole Opry house band?

Lana is 16 and the sweetest young lady one could ever hope to know. When she learned that my wife was disabled she immediately went on YT and dedicated a song to her. She does Broadway Show Tunes but she's always eager to do requests.

Thanks for listening and commenting.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/05/14 12:09 AM
hi don great guitar player enjoy very much it would be very hard to play like him thanks eric
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/05/14 12:43 PM
Got the gators rocking down here, Don. Very nice.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/05/14 02:03 PM
cool tune.... and as far as guitars go, they can't ever be too loud. Ask any guitar player worth his salt.

On the serious side.... yeah, as a guitar player who is used to "hearing himself" on stage..... it was a real eye opener to start mixing guitar into a mix so that it sat in the proper place in the mix...... fat and full, not to loud and not too quiet. I still find myself second guessing my mixes.

I am listening on small speakers but I was kinda missing the bass and bottom end.... perhaps from the guitar being too upfront in the mix. If the guitar is backed off 6 to 10 db..... perhaps the mix as a whole could be turned up several db allowing the bass to shine and kick that bottom around a bit more.

NOTE: I will listen on my lappy later with my cans where I can turn it up more.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/06/14 12:57 AM
I'm hearing plenty of bass but the backing instruments sound too far back. When I get time I'll fix it. Too much going on today. Thanks for listening/commenting.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/06/14 04:15 PM
Sounds like you were having a little fun with this.
SD
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/06/14 04:36 PM
SD, I was having an absolute blast(off)! I love the many new features of v2014. I haven't yet tackled the vocal synthesis feature but I'm very excited about the prospect of singing again. Wow!

Thanks for listening.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/06/14 05:32 PM
Don,
Yep, pretty cool stuff in BB2014. Great job PGMusic!!
I just got my copy over the weekend and have just started looking at at. I've got a lot of catching up to do since I upgraded from BB 2011 MegaPak.
SD
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/07/14 11:50 AM
Hi Don,

What a great listen! Doesn't sound like you're too lost on 2014 to me at all.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Brent Mason Picks On Don - 01/07/14 01:29 PM
Thanks for the listen and your always appreciated and knowledgeable comments.

BIAB just gets better with each release. I am still discovering stuff and will be for months yet.
© PG Music Forums