PG Music Home
Posted By: royg1707 Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 05:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/royg1707/you-dont-have-a-clue-do-you
This is my first post so don't know if the link will get you to the song.
All done with Band in a Box and mixed using Cubase.
Here's hoping.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 07:28 PM
Hi Roy...

Welcome to the PG Music Forums! the link worked fine...took us straight to the song. very nicely done. We loved the change at the c horus...it really breathes new life into the song. the lyric is good and your vocal is top shelf. nice selection of tracks from BIAB. Again, welcome!

Al & Di
Posted By: ROG Re: Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 07:40 PM
Yes, welcome, Roy. A great first post.

It's a really good song, with lots of things going for it. Nice choice of instruments and the vocal and harmony were excellent.

The quality of the vocal recording sounded a little harsh and this is maybe down to the mic or pre-amp. What were you using? It also sounded as though it could use a bit of reverb to sweeten it and set it into the mix better.

If I'm being really picky, maybe bring the snare and hi-hat up a little to match the kick drum.

But I don't mean to be too critical because it's generally very good. Looking forward to more of your stuff.

ROG.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 10:50 PM
Hi, Roy !

....and welcome !:))

I liked your tune and your
voice too !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 11:21 PM
1st of all welcome to the forum. Re: the song posted, I not only liked that one very much but I am still listening to some of your other post. You have some very good productions and performances here!

Later,
Posted By: Sundance Re: Original Song by royg - 01/05/14 11:53 PM
Welcome to the Users Showcase Roy!

Good stuff. Enjoyed listening.

Josie
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 12:02 AM
Thanks for listening, glad the link worked.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 09:12 AM
Thanks a lot, It's good to share.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 09:16 AM
Thanks for listening, I will take the comments on board, it's good to hear other musicians views. I am trying to get
Sampletank to perform at the moment.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 09:18 AM
Thanks, it's nice to here your views.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 09:20 AM
Thanks so much for that, glad you like them.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 12:52 PM
Roy,

Very enjoyable song. Good lyric and a strong melody. Solid vocal - a very comfortable vocal style!

Nice production and mix. How did you build that drum track?

Looking forward to more...

floyd
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 02:13 PM
Thanks, glad you liked it.The Drum track is BinB Praise and worship with a little Cubase Reverb.
Thanks again,
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 02:44 PM
Roy, a hearty "Welcome!" I thoroughly enjoyed this. Very fresh and clean and not choked with too many FX. A nice blend. Thanks for posting. I'm anxious to hear more and that's exactly what songwriters are after, to create an appetite in your audience, and I think you've done that quite nicely here.
Posted By: boehm Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 04:00 PM
Hi Roy,

welcome to the forum.
It's a really good song, nice choice of RTs and the vocal and harmony are great.

Guenter
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 04:05 PM
Thanks Again, looking forward to listening some other songs.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 04:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome, seems to be a lot of nice people, music is great for bringing people together.
Posted By: royg1707 Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 04:15 PM
Just listened to 'I Could never be ashamed of you' Great Country feel, a bit Willie Nelson ish, enjoyed it. Thanks
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 06:32 PM
Roy,
Nice work on the song! I liked the organ track quite a bit.
Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find us to be a friendly and helpful group. There are some extraordinarily talented people to interact with. And if also new to PGMusic, I think you'll be blown away by their products and support.
SD
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 07:29 PM
Very nice tune -- standout melody and lyric. Nice choice of RT's that all work well together.
Welcome and hope to see more!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: royg1707
Just listened to 'I Could never be ashamed of you' Great Country feel, a bit Willie Nelson ish, enjoyed it. Thanks

Actually, that was a Hank Sr. song, c1950.

A better version is the last song in the playlist where a UK friend did a pseudo PSG track with his custom shop Strat. His name is Alan Simm, a Londoner and fellow BIABer.

Those songs with my voice were done before my stroke and the numerous enhancements to BIAB. The backing tracks were mostly poorly done MIDI files and sung through a $2 computer stick mic. I only wish that I could re-dub them.

Thanks for listening and, especially, for commenting.

Hoping to hear many more songs from you. Everyone benefits from the critiques.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Original Song by royg - 01/06/14 10:39 PM
Nice first post. This very well sung. I agree the drum track needs to come up to match the kick. Well put together. I enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: olemon Re: Original Song by royg - 01/07/14 12:18 AM
Welcome. Great song, and you blended the instrument levels very well. You've got an ear for that obviously.

Others gave you some mixing advice which I hope you'll consider, but this is very good.
© PG Music Forums