PG Music Home
Posted By: Jay23 Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 01:43 PM
Hi All:

Thought this might be of interest. I made this using Real Tracks, Garageband and sound effects.

I won for "Best Soundtrack" in the 2013 Super Gr8 Film Festival in Harrisonburg, Va.

This is probably PG 13 content mostly for one use of the word "bull***t if that's something you'd rather not hear.

Link to: How To Read The Crystal Ball
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 05:38 PM
Jay,
Well crafted piece. Interesting. Did you write the words and perform it?
SD
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 05:59 PM
certainly different. you can do many things with real tracks
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 06:19 PM
Hi Jay
Yes, that's different. Just goes to demonstrate that the system's flexibility is really only limited by one's imagination.
Posted By: Jay23 Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 08:53 PM
Thanks all.

Yes, I wrote it all and performed it. It worked well for the super 8 festival which is somewhat ragged anyway. All films are shot in camera, no editing, one roll of film.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 09:05 PM
Man, every time I hear something really different done with RT's I just more and more appreciate what a powerful and robust piece of software BIAB is. Sounds like a cool format for the contest and congrats!! Well done.
Posted By: DrDUBose Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 09:30 PM
Nice screen writing as well, Jay!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/06/14 09:37 PM
Hi jay,

Good to "meet" you. That was very creative! We enjoyed the heck out of it. Sorry we left it "heckless"! Great voice and script writing. What a treat! There isn't much you can't do, musically, with BIAB. this is solid proof! Nice!!

Al & Di
Posted By: MarioD Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/07/14 06:29 PM
Congrats on your winning the “Best Soundtrack” award.

I also like it when I hear something different being composed using BiaB.

This is really good and that ain’t no BS!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/07/14 09:01 PM
Very interesting. Lots going on. Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the sixties. Frank Zappa-ish
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/09/14 12:28 AM
Ha! very creative, I loved it!

Mike B.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Film soundtrack using real tracks - 01/09/14 11:49 AM
Hi Jay,

"Incredible" was the first word that sprang into my brain. I've never have thought BIAB could do that. You deserved the award. Congratulations on winning.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums