PG Music Home
Posted By: boehm Triplets - 01/15/14 03:21 PM
Hi all,

the use of different tempos in Marietta's Song gave me the idea to experiment with different measures. So this time I created two songs: 4/4 and 3/4 (three times faster) and mixed them together in Reaper.

Kontakt 5 Choir m
Vox Aah Zero-G Classical Voices
Vocaloid Prima
Vocaloid Avanna
5 Tracks of vocals were used + 2 for soloist.
The RTs are:
RT1460_Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyJazzWaltzGonzalo Sw
RT943_Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment JazzStrideBallad Sw
RT770_Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 110 (B_walking)
RealDrums-JazzBrushesSticks
RealDrums-JazzWaltzTerryClarke^1-Br,RdBsy
RT758_Sax, Tenor, Soloist Jazz BeBop Sw

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/triplets

I hope you enjoy.

Guenter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Triplets - 01/15/14 07:13 PM
Guenter...

That was very interesting! I don't think I've heard anything like that before. Very creative and fun to listen to. We loved the voices...fabulous! You have a good ear for creative innovation! Jazz as it's never been done before!

Thanks for another great listen...

Al & Di
Posted By: Scott C Re: Triplets - 01/15/14 07:54 PM
I also found this very interesting. At the start it was hard to grab the tempo. But the more I listened it started to get comfortable and really enjoyable. Well done...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triplets - 01/15/14 09:38 PM
This is great Guenter. You keep demonstrating that working outside the square continually leads to unique and innovative productions.

You sure are the master of vocaloids

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Triplets - 01/15/14 09:44 PM
Hi, Guenter !:))

I just loved this !!!:))
It´s just super, reminded
me a little of Swingle singers
but that is only logical as
this is a very cool swing jazz
fusion tune ? :))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Triplets - 01/15/14 10:50 PM
Yeah man, this is super cool! As Scott mentioned it takes a bit to grab the rhythm. At first I was fighting it but then I relaxed and fell into the groove. It's obviously very creative and experimental but as Dani mentions it swings. "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" It's been a while since we've heard from your vocaloid singers and they are in excellent form.

You gotta love this forum. I've listened to and much enjoyed compositions like this that I would never have run across before joining this community.
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/16/14 02:17 AM
Hi Al, Scott, VideoTrack, Dani and Bud,

thank you all very much for your kind words.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Triplets - 01/16/14 03:17 AM
Guenter,

I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that must have gone into this. It starts out by throwing your mind into a spin and then setting it upright and holding on to the very end. It was like the soundtrack to a Pixar animation - like the movie "Ants" - it would be perfect for that! Captivating.

Your creativity is astounding.

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/16/14 02:35 PM
Hi Floyd,

thanks for your kind comments.

Guenter
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Triplets - 01/16/14 02:57 PM
HI
took me a minute or two to hook into what was going on but I think this is very clever and so innovative.
I'll not like it forever but I've had a couple of listens and it is very enjoyable.
I could have done without the "Animal" drummer - 1.55 to 2.17. It didnt add anything and got in the way of the Human voice (IMO only).
So impressed by what you can make BIAB and the other software achieve.
cheers
Ian
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/16/14 11:58 PM
Hi Ian,

thanks for listening and your comments.

Guenter
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Triplets - 01/17/14 07:02 PM
Guenter,
Super creative! You continue to demonstrate great technical prowess.
SD
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/18/14 03:28 PM
Hi SD,

thanks for listening and your kind words.

Guenter
Posted By: gruverider Re: Triplets - 01/18/14 11:21 PM
Bravo! fabulously creative!
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/19/14 03:38 PM
Hi Lawrence,

I'm glad you belong to the few people
who appreciate this song.
Thanks.

Guenter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Triplets - 01/28/14 10:38 AM
Hi Guenter,

This is as innovative as music gets! Wow! Just when I think I've heard every amazing thing you can possibly send to the forum, you come up with something new that takes me by surprise and impresses me know end.

The word "talented" doesn't even come close to how creative, inventive and musically outstanding you are.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Triplets - 01/28/14 12:14 PM
Hi Guenter.

Very imaginative, creative and beautiful! I think Floyd is right in that it would fit in as a theme tune for a animated movie or those short Pixar films they sometimes show you in the theatre. So different. I loved it
Posted By: tommyad Re: Triplets - 01/28/14 02:29 PM
Guenter, This also threw me for a loop, but once I found the groove it was an enjoyable listen. Very creative. I also think the drums got a little busy. But nonetheless it is a very unusual experimental work that pushes the boundaries of what can be accomplished with BIAB. Good job. Tom
Posted By: gibson Re: Triplets - 01/29/14 07:07 AM
Guenter,

You always impress me with your creativity.
That was wonderful.

Alyn
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/29/14 03:51 PM
Hi Noel,

thanks for bringing this up again.
And thanks for your kind comments.

Guenter
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/29/14 03:54 PM
Hi Joanne, Tommy and Alyn,

thanks for taking the time to listen
and your nice comments.

Guenter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Triplets - 01/29/14 08:46 PM
It’s all been said. All I can add is that I really like this one. A creative mind BiaB can go in many different directions can’t it?

FWIW - I liked those little drum parts.
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 01/30/14 03:58 PM
Hi Mario,

thanks a lot.

Guenter
Posted By: Sundance Re: Triplets - 02/02/14 02:53 AM
Guenter you are always coming up with something even more musically avant garde. Always amazed how you put things together.

Very creative.

Josie
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Triplets - 10/19/17 06:29 PM
The drums don't fit at all, otherwise, interseting.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triplets - 10/19/17 10:28 PM
Wow Guenter.

After a 3+ year hiatus, they're still listening to your song wink

PS: The drums worked for me, no problems.
Posted By: lambada Re: Triplets - 10/19/17 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed this. I would have liked a bit more space in the early part, but I was hooked and listened to it all. Vocaloid was great. I loved the contrast of the simple melodies.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Triplets - 10/20/17 11:41 AM
Hi Guenter, very interesting and pleasant piece. The vocals give it a Michell Legrand quality to it.

Mike B.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Triplets - 10/20/17 02:07 PM
hi Guenter only you could pull this of very creative and engaging nice one eric
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 10/22/17 12:14 PM
Hi all,

what a surprise! Like Trevor said "After a 3+ year hiatus, they're still listening to my song"
Sorry, Josie, that I forgot thanking you for your nice comments in 2014.
Thanks, Islansoul, for the resurrection.
Thanks to Trevor, Lambada, Mike, and Eric for the nice comments.

Guenter
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Triplets - 10/28/17 05:04 PM
Well, this was certainly a unique and creative experiment! I think you had some pretty fantastic results with this one.

Keep up the great work. <3
Posted By: Al-David Re: Triplets - 10/28/17 05:40 PM
Guenter,

So nice to hear this again! I'm still amazed, after all this time, with your creative skills and total originality. I think I was the first comment on it when you originally posted it. Glad to have opportunity to listen and comment again. We miss you on the forum!

Alan
Posted By: bluage Re: Triplets - 10/31/17 04:25 AM
Dear "boehm"...

You composition, "Triplets", is absolutely exhilarating to listen to! Has anything like this EVER been heard on the "User's Forum"? I simply cannot remember the last time I heard a jazz composition so innovatively constructed that also was so electrifying to listen to.

Virtual "scatting", indeed! It sounds like a cross between The Swingle Singers and Eddie Harris vocalizing through the microphone pickup on his unique electric saxophone. Michel Legrand would be as ecstatic about this as I am.

Your chord progressions are chromatically exciting --- no, thrilling would be closer to the truth. The 4/4 and 3/4 mix of meters is playful, and swinging, too. The whole thing is refreshingly cool, classical and jazzy as a music festival.

What was the inspiration behind the composition?

Absolutely loving this through mulitple listens,

LOREN
Posted By: boehm Re: Triplets - 11/01/17 12:29 PM
Hi Ember, Alan, and Loren,

thanks a lot for your nice comments.
Loren, you really make me blush! The inspiration was as described in the original post on top.

Guenter
© PG Music Forums