PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Endure - 01/17/14 02:39 AM
Here is my latest song it is contempary Christian. All of the instruments are real tracks, as some of you may know I have been under the weather, so you will hear some nasal in the vocal and it is a little strained at times, but just had to record something, LOL!

518 Elec Bass
RD Nashville Ev8^Hihat,Ride
362 Rhythm Guitar
542 Dreamy Rhythm Elec Gtr (used only after 1st chorus for break)
1599 Dreamy Rhythm Elec Gtr 2 (used for intro and throughout til half way break)

Endure
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Endure - 01/17/14 03:58 AM
Robert,

Nice to see you posting again..

Good write. Good vocal. Good production. Good mix.

I seldom make lyric suggestions... but (there's always one of those, isn't there?) Something to try if you feel like it... Break the last line of your chorus into 2 ...
"if you endure..... endure to the end".

I like it.

floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: Endure - 01/17/14 12:43 PM
Very nice. Excellent lyrics and singing. Acoustic guitar had a nice tone..
Posted By: tommyad Re: Endure - 01/17/14 01:23 PM
Robert, Well written, arranged,sung and recorded. I enjoyed listening. I wasn't ready for it to end so quickly. Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: Endure - 01/17/14 09:39 PM
Hi Robert...

This is our first time to listen to you...we've been here about three weeks and still feeling our way around.

That was a real nice track! We enjoyed our listen. We particularly liked the Bridge where you muted all the instruments except the guitar.

Very nice, indeed! Best to you...

Al & Di
Posted By: Curt Young Re: Endure - 01/18/14 08:20 AM
Thanks, Robert...

Good song - Glad you're on the mend!
Posted By: boehm Re: Endure - 01/18/14 03:15 PM
Hi Robert,

Nice lyrics, vocals, production, and mix.
Thanks for sharing.

Guenter
Posted By: ROG Re: Endure - 01/18/14 04:41 PM
Hi Robert.

I loved this one.

I think your production is fabulous and the recording and mix is just so professional. I couldn't hear anything wrong with your voice in this one. In fact, I think your singing gets better with every song. Still, I hope you're well on the mend.

Excellent.

ROG.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Endure - 01/18/14 11:07 PM
Hi Robert,

I love the song and the arrangement. It's great. Well done. One of your best yet.

I'm going to disagree with some others here on the vocal. I totally understand getting tired of being sick and wanting to sing anyway - been there and done that. And back when people paid me to sing, I was a no show only once - so I also get the show must go on attitude. <grin> However, IMO, you should re-sing this when you're totally well as there are places where I hear your voice struggling. With a song as good as this one, I'd re-sing it. My two cents.

Josie
Posted By: gruverider Re: Endure - 01/18/14 11:49 PM
I really like the placement of the vocal in the mix. It has a clear dry presence that sits perfectly.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Endure - 01/19/14 10:22 PM
Hi Robert !:))

Nice song well sung !
I enjoyed it very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Endure - 01/20/14 09:43 PM
Nice one Robert! A really perfect supporting mix for the vocal.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Endure - 01/21/14 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, Scott I got the acoustic guitar sound by using a high pass filter at 80hz and then using a rhythn guitar preset from one of my 10 band eq's

Here are frequencies and the cut/boost

31hz= -12
63hz= -8
125hz= -3
250hz= -3
500hz= -4
1K= +5
2K= +5
4K= +8
8K= +2
16K +5

It makes the acoustic cut through as well as moves the low frequencies out of the way of the bass, drum and vocal. this preset may work well for some songs and not so much with others, really depends on the tone of the acoustic guitar. If it is a standard acoustic guitar sound this preset works well; if the tone is already lacking low frequencies this can be to much. Hope this helps!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Endure - 01/21/14 10:26 PM
Hi Robert,

It's good to see you again smile

This is a wonderful song on so many levels. On my system, each component of the mix sat perfectly with the other components. Your writing, you performance and your production were excellent.

A great listen.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Endure - 01/22/14 12:05 AM
Robert,

I'll just 2nd whats already been said. Excellent all around!
I would agree with Josie that you should re-do the vocal... It doesn't sound bad, but I can also hear your sickness causing you to struggle in a couple of places. sick

Nice job!

Greg
© PG Music Forums