PG Music Home
Posted By: murf100 Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 12:40 PM
My wife was complaining that she didn't look like she did when we first were married. That was the inspiration for this song. It came together quickly, and I was able to record it in time to give it to her for Christmas. Hope you enjoy.
Brian

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12650382&q=hi&newref=1

I used Country 90's Ballad at a tempo of 72 with live guitar and vocal added.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 01:07 PM
Very nice song.Loved the lyrics
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 01:50 PM
Very nice heartfelt song and lyrics Brian. I am sure your wife appreciates the sentiment.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 01:59 PM
And by the time you get to 46 years, like us, the sentiment will remain. She's still the beauty I met in 1965 and wed in '66.
Wonderful sentiment - every word is true.
I hope your wife enjoyed the Song - WE did!
cheers
Ian
Posted By: tommyad Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 02:02 PM
Brian, Very well written and sung. I liked it a lot. I hope to hear more. Thanks for posting. Tom
Posted By: olemon Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 02:20 PM
Good song! The vocal is out front and everything is at the right level, very nice mix.
Posted By: boehm Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 03:24 PM
Hi Brian,

what a great Christmas gift!
A really heartfelt song.
I like it.

Guenter
Posted By: gruverider Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 11:19 PM
great lyrics and I loved how you intro'd the song
Posted By: Sundance Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/18/14 11:31 PM
Beautiful song Brian. I loved everything about it.

Josie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/19/14 04:24 PM
Brian...

This is the first time we've listened to you. What a great song! I'll bet your wife loved it...we sure did. Nice chord arrangement, particularly on the chorus. That was a great listen!

We're working on one with a similar theme called "Not A Day Past Lovely". It's been on the back burner for a couple of months but might bring to the front after listening to this fabulous song.

Very, very nice...we truly enjoyed it! Best to you...

Al & Di
Posted By: murf100 Re: Haven't Changed a Bit - 01/19/14 08:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments! I'm particularly happy with this song because it came together so rapidly. Song writing doesn't come easily to me. I usually struggle months between songs. I wrote this in less than a day, had the BIAB tracks together in a few days, and the final mix done within two weeks of the inspiration.
Brian
© PG Music Forums