PG Music Home
Posted By: Adrian Sounds a Lot Like Bruce - 02/14/14 10:20 PM
This is the 3rd track from the Big Sky CD project:

Sounds a Lot Like Bruce, this is my homage to one of my favorite artists Bruce Hornsby. Once again I use my Casio DH800 with the Orange Tree Samples steel string guitar patch to provide the lead however this time the lead is hand tweaked to even out a couple of spots.

All other tracks are real tracks including the piano solo, other instruments are fiddle, mandolin, guitars, piano, bass and drums.

Sounds a Lot Like Bruce

The 4th track Heartlands is also up on my soundclick site and this also uses the Casio/orange tree setup
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Sounds a Lot Like Bruce - 02/14/14 11:57 PM
Adrian - the piano solo does sound like a Hornsby solo - I don't quite "get" having so much of a BH tribute be an acoustic guitar solo... but that piano works... the lowering of the background instruments during the piano solo is a bit quick (and low)..

A pleasant listen...

floyd

Posted By: Scott C Re: Sounds a Lot Like Bruce - 02/15/14 01:41 PM
Nice enjoyable listen...
Posted By: boehm Re: Sounds a Lot Like Bruce - 02/15/14 03:06 PM
Hi Adrian,
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
the piano solo does sound like a Hornsby solo - I don't quite "get" having so much of a BH tribute be an acoustic guitar solo... but that piano works... the lowering of the background instruments during the piano solo is a bit quick (and low)..

Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Sounds a Lot Like Bruce - 02/15/14 03:44 PM
Excellent work, just one suggestion is on the lead parts change them out more frequently. Alternate every 4 to 8 bars this just makes a song more interesting, gives a song a nice flow.
© PG Music Forums