PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Cherry Guitar - 02/18/14 09:50 PM
Hi all.
Here is my latest track on BB ,its a basic rock track using BB,MDrummer,Steinberg VB-1 and Sampletank.Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/the-cherry-crisp-guitar-fin

Cya.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/18/14 11:17 PM
Hi, Riccled !:))

I liked your tune !
There were some very interesting
chord progressions on this one !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Riccled Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/19/14 12:03 AM
Hi Dani.
Thanks for that, yes I do like modulations ,and irregular ones at that!
I wrote that track this evening in about 35 minutes,quite a quick turnaround.
Cya.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/19/14 02:27 AM
Nice use of midi, the guitar seemed unrealistically busy in one part, all else sounded great. Still great work thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/19/14 03:23 AM
Cool groove. I could really picture this as a soundtrack to a film scene. Keep it up!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/19/14 07:01 PM
Hi Riccled,

As stated, nice use of midi. Mix-wise, at times your solos sound a little over-powering in my speakers (and it could be my speakers), almost to the point of distortion. Especially the piano sound.

Just a nit-pick :), and others may disagree. But I did enjoy the song! Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/19/14 10:36 PM
Hi Riccled,

I think this song has a ton of potential. But, FWIW, although you have some fantastic chops I thought that you over played your lead parts on everything but the piano parts. This is just my opinion and others may not agree.

Ps – I wish that I could play as fast as you can!
Posted By: Riccled Re: Cherry Guitar - 02/20/14 12:49 AM
Hi everyone.
Thanks for all the comments,with hindsight I think I did push the melody and soloist parts too loud but never mind.
I have to confess that the solo was a BB soloist,I would have needed 4 hands to play that kind of solo,that's why BB is so good, it can play the lines I wouldn't have a snowball in hell's chance of being able to do!

Stay tuned for more from the Riccled stable.

Cya.
© PG Music Forums