PG Music Home
http://motagator.com/don-gaynor/playlist/43/dons-guitar

Don,

Thanks for providing the link as sorry to say I had almost forgotten how much I liked the tunes when I first heard them a few years back.

Later Partner,
Love the guitar work,love the guitar solo in the break, thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much, Bob. Alan breathed new life into this Hank Sr classic. So glad to see Alan (aka Guitarman) back among his countless PG Music friends. Such a wonderful talent!
Hi Don
not sure which one I'm supposed to be hearing! D'Oh!
If its "Horse Feathers" then its a great piece of pickin' but because I'm a Brit, and this is not my genre, I can't tell if its all BB RT or if there is a "real" player in there somewhere. crazy
Not a dig - its all great playing. Just wish I could play like that smile
cheers
Ian
Hey Don, That's some fine picking.
Tommy and Ian, I caused confusion thinking I was linking directly to the piece. Sorry. The correct tune is "I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You" - remake. It's the last song on the playlist. Thanks for listening.
Don,

Great classic country. "Darling..." - a dead giveaway - real Country.

Enjoyable. Alan's guitar is nice, too...

Glad to be able to hear you do this...

floyd
Quality guitar work
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Tommy and Ian, I caused confusion thinking I was linking directly to the piece. Sorry. The correct tune is "I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You" - remake. It's the last song on the playlist. Thanks for listening.

Got it, Don! Thanks for coming back.
Good old fashioned Country song. I would have liked the singer a bit louder in the Mix otherwise its excellent. Loved the guitar sole. Reminded me of why I love Strats so much.
cheers
ian
Ian, Alan is a Master Class Guitarist, in my humble opinion. I'm hopeful that he will be available and willing to collaborate and share his immense talents with those who need a fab guitar track.

Alan has, or has had, health issues and I encourage everyone to wish him a complete and speedy recovery.
Don, Now I got it, Again good picking. This may be one of Hank Sr's lesser known songs. You did it justice on the vocal. Nice job.
Hi Don. Is that you on the vocal? Fantastic job. I love it. I am sure you must miss being able to sing like this now but it surely is nice to have these recorded for posterity. Thanks for posting it for us all to enjoy.
Classic indeed. What we wish we could turn on the radio and hear. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Don. Is that you on the vocal? Fantastic job. I love it. I am sure you must miss being able to sing like this now but it surely is nice to have these recorded for posterity. Thanks for posting it for us all to enjoy.

Jo, yes, that was my pre-stroke voice. It is a bit heart breaking to be unable to re-dub over the warts.

I always look forward to your kind comments. Thanks so much, dear friend.
I don't hear any warts Don
Hi Don,

It's great that you posted a link to these songs. I've just played my way through all of them. What a terrific listen!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to hear you smile

All the best,
Noel
Hi, Don !:))

This is simply great music,
outstanding indeed ! I like
your voice and your tunes
suited it just perfectly !:))

Cheers
Dani
Don,

I've been listening to these. It's hard to pick a favorite, but Two Pina Coladas is up there amigo!

About the song you are posting...fairly certain I've heard it, but it would have been quite some time ago. This performance is classic in every way, smooth and tight. Sounds like the records from time period.

Wishing you and Alan all the best.
© PG Music Forums