PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Jon's Tune - 02/23/14 04:43 PM
[Link no longer valid]

My good friend and super keyboardist JonD came over and we came up with this chord progression. We fiddled around with Band in a Box and came up with this rhythm. We replaced everything except BiaB’s drums. Jon is on the keyboard and I am playing the guitar and bass parts.

An interesting thing happened with the bass line. I originally played it on my Squire P-Bass but I had two many fret buzzes in the part. So I copied the part into MIDI with Melodyne Editor, took out the fret buzz and selected a MIDI bass sound.

We hope you like it.

BiaB style – SlowBossa w/pno & NyGuit (85RS)

Drums = Realdrums BossaBrushes#1 – the RD that came with the style

PS-do to a number of people having problems getting to my songs I am now posting them on SoundCloud.

Posted By: boehm Re: Jon's Tune - 02/23/14 05:11 PM
Hi Mario,

nice tune and nice playing. The panning effect on the keyboards distracts me a little. After a second listen I feel a little dizzy now.

Guenter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jon's Tune - 02/24/14 10:48 AM
A nice jazz style with interesting progressions. Is there tremolo on the keyboard that might be a little strong? Like 100%? If you could reduce the range and soften the EP, it might be better balanced.
Guitar playing really nice though.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jon's Tune - 02/25/14 12:58 AM
Good call gentlemen!

I didn’t listen to this with my headphones, my bad. On my monitors that effect sounds ok, but now that you brought it to my attention I can catch what you are saying. When I listened with my headphones I can really hear it.

I will be back with a toned down version.

Thanx for critically listening and pointing this out to me.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Jon's Tune - 02/25/14 01:04 AM
Wonderful but I too was spinning from the keyboard pan my friend. Overall very smooth jazz indeed, man you were pampering those notes on this one . . . I like!

Later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jon's Tune - 02/25/14 03:25 PM
Jon's Tune

I have revamp the EP part and eliminated the tremolo.

I think it sounds much better.

Thanx for suggesting this change.

PS - I pasted the link here so you would not have to go back to the start of the thread. The original has been replaced so both links are the same.
Posted By: boehm Re: Jon's Tune - 02/25/14 03:37 PM
Hi Mario,

you're right. It sounds much better now.

Guenter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jon's Tune - 02/25/14 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Mario,

you're right. It sounds much better now.

Guenter

No my friend you were right!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 01:49 AM
Nice work all around, nice work around on the bass, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 02:50 AM
Feels great!! Wish I could play like that!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 07:17 AM
You've nailed it this time, Mario

Yep, much better. I really like the easy flow. Very 'listenable'

Thanks again for sharing

Trevor
Posted By: dani48 Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 08:05 AM
Hi, Mario & Jon !:))

I like this great improvisation by
two pro musicians !!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 12:35 PM
Very nice listen. Excellent playing. Loved the tone of your guitar..
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jon's Tune - 02/26/14 09:10 PM
Thanx all for listening, your comments and especially the constructive criticism that helped make this one a much better song.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Jon's Tune - 02/27/14 01:46 AM
Hi Mario, I must've caught the revised version because it sounds good to me, maybe, if I may say so, the end cymbal roll might be a little "hot", at least at my end. Other than that, very dreamy and evocative, I can almost hear sea waves rolling toward the beach and some seagulls flying around. Good stuff as usual.

Mike B.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Jon's Tune - 02/27/14 05:11 AM
Hi Mario...

This is our kind of music...we totally enjoyed our listen!

Interesting way you got the bass line...it worked perfectly. And the guitar plyaing is so smooth. Thanks for a terrific listen!

Al & Di
Posted By: tommyad Re: Jon's Tune - 02/27/14 06:34 PM
Mario, Sounds good to these ears. Bass and Guitar sound good, Nice playing. An enjoyable listen.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jon's Tune - 03/01/14 11:30 PM
Mario,

A very enjoyable listen. That bass sounds terrific. Everything does, for that matter. Nice tune and nice mix - good balance to everything..

Enjoyed it.

floyd
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Jon's Tune - 03/02/14 12:02 AM
Hi Mario,

This is a really really pleasant listen. It's the kind of smooth jazz that I find so very easy to sit back and relax to. Kudos to you and Jon on a fine work of aural art.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums