PG Music Home
Posted By: big741 Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/02/14 02:42 PM
Hello there!

I'm a new (Jan '14) owner of Band In A Box, and I've been lurking here for the last couple of months learning and seeking answers. I'd like to thank you all for being so helpful even though this is our first communication. The search function has been my good friend as of late. smile

"Fuzzy Cat" is my second ever Band In A Box creation. It uses a style called "J!TRAD.STY". BB substituted Real Drums in and I replaced the banjo track with a Real Track called "Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Freddie Sw 140". These are the only BB parts I used. The rest of the parts were played on my EWIUSB using a VST called WIVI Band.

Fuzzy Cat

Thanks for listening, and nice to meet you all.
Dan
Posted By: gibson Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/02/14 02:57 PM
Dan,

Welcome.

What a fun song, very enjoyable. I used to regularily go to a Jazz club in Putney, South London UK that had the greats playing music like this, Your playing would have fitted in perfectly with that band.
I am dancing like Baloo the bear to this.

2nd song eh cool
I look forward to more.

Alyn
Posted By: olemon Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/02/14 03:04 PM
What!!?? Awesome submission. You are on your way. What an excellent mix and composition!

Applause. Take a bow.
Dan, Welcome aboard. Nice dixieland chops. Very well produced. I enjoyed it. Look forward to hearing more. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/02/14 03:12 PM
Hi Dan,

welcome to the forum.
This is a very good start.
Nice playing and mix.

Guenter
Welcome to the Showcase.
This is a truly fine First Up.
Loved the feel to it and the midi sounds are SO realistic.
Well done. Looking forward to more.
cheers
ian
This song puts me on the streets of Nawlons, great work, welcome to the site; Thanks for sharing!
Dan - sounds great. Impressive job with the wind controller! - floyd
Good ole Soundcloud again. I can play anybody's song from there including all of mine....but not yours. I'll check back.
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Good ole Soundcloud again. I can play anybody's song from there including all of mine....but not yours. I'll check back.

Working for us, maybe just a short-term outage?
Dan, what great Trad Technique. This is a fantastic demonstration of creativity. Enjoyed it from the first note to the very last. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Trevor
Posted By: rsdean Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/02/14 11:42 PM
Dan,

Welcome - enjoyed this one. Great use of the tracks. smile

Bob
Posted By: dani48 Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/03/14 12:34 AM
Hi Dan !

Welcome aboard !:))

I found your composition
very interesting (not every
day you hear a tuba nowadays ?)
I enjoyed it very much !!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: occ Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/03/14 03:27 AM
This is great!!!! I haven't heard anything like this on this forum. It was so relaxing and clear. I really like Dixieland jazz and you did a great job. Thanks occ
Dan...

Welcome to the forums! We've been here but a couple of months. You'll meet some very talented, helpful and genuinely nice people here. Good to have you with us!

loved this Dixieland jazz. Very nice mix and choice of instruments. It was a true pleasure to listen to! You're obviously a fast learner! great stuff!

Al & Di
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/03/14 09:40 AM
Hi Dan,

You must be a very very experienced man at playing trad jazz. This is AWESOME+ !!!!! The melodies and the counter-melodies you weave throughout the mix show some gold-medal musicianship.

I don't remember hearing this standard of trad jazz on the forum before. All I can say is ...

Welcome aboard!
Noel
Hi Dan
Can I just join in with "Welcome to the forum" and very well done on your first BIAB composition. I enjoyed the listen very much.
Posted By: big741 Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/03/14 02:38 PM
Hello everyone!

I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcomes. Thanks also for having a listen and leaving a comment. Your time and input is much appreciated. smile

I also forgot to mention in my original post that the mixing and MIDI recording was done in Reaper. I was very surprised and pleased when I found out I could drag tracks straight from Band In A Box into Reaper. An awesome capability, indeed.

Thanks for listening,
Dan
Nicely done!! Just feels good! Take care. Greg
Posted By: big741 Re: Fuzzy Cat - Allow my to introduce myself. - 03/04/14 04:25 PM
Thanks very much, Greg!

Dan
love jazz, good post!
© PG Music Forums