PG Music Home
Posted By: Carolyne I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/11/14 07:27 PM
Following is my link to my latest song, I Never Found That Rainbow. I always appreciate the feedback from this Forum.
Ballad: JBALPFER.STY
732: Bass of Neil Swainson (what a player)
742: Piano Miles Black (Can add no words that would add to his stature as a player)
937: Guitar Oliver Gannon- straight ahead and steady
1248: Piano solo Mike LeDonne (This was a new feature for me, sweet.)
Terry Clarke Drums (brushes)
All together makes a fine recording. Please take a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/carolyne-swayze/i-never-found-a-rainbow

Also, while at Soundcloud please take a listen to Fool of Fools, same RealBand personnel. PG Music wouldn't let me post as not an original. I did purchase the appropriate streaming rights. Once again, thanks again for allowing us to create all we can be.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/11/14 09:43 PM
Hi Carolyne
Remember -you gotta have rain to get a rainbow.
Very smooth track. Liked it a lot.
We're on holiday and Wi-Fi a bit sketchy so it's great to be actually able to play.
Cheers
Ian
PS I like Fool of Fools too!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/11/14 11:12 PM
Hi Carolyne, wow what a great vox! We've got some great jazzers aboard so you'll fit right in. I am not one of them but I can recognize talent when I hear it. You have a Billie Holiday vibe going on here and I really enjoyed it. Keep em coming and a sincere welcome to perhaps the greatest bunch of musicians on this planet.
Posted By: Carolyne Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/11/14 11:36 PM
Thanks Don for the words of encouragement. You are spot on regarding the musicians. I don't think anyone can do better. What fun! Thanks for liking my music as well.
Posted By: boehm Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 05:35 PM
Hi Caroline,

awsome voice!
And I like the arrangement and mix.
Only thing that disturbs me a little is that the high notes of the piano solo are on the left. As a piano player I expect them to be on the right.

Guenter
Posted By: Carolyne Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 06:30 PM
Thank you for that, Guenter. Not sure I can switch solo side now, but I'll never forget the lesson for future use.
Carolyne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 08:10 PM
Nice use of RTs and a cool arrangement to support the fine vocal. Enjoyed it.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 09:20 PM
This is outstanding work, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: dani48 Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 09:44 PM
Hi, Carolyne !:))

I love your voice, it is
just made for jazz !!!:))
Your tune and your singing
made me sway over here by my
working table !:))

What a happy tune !!!
Just great !!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/12/14 09:48 PM
Very impressive Carolyne, as is just about everything you've done before. Great style and choice of instrumentation. Very well portrayed.
Thanks for sharing
Trevor
Posted By: Carolyne Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/13/14 03:45 AM
Thanks Janice & Bud, I listened to your tunes and well. "Don't Give It Away, reminds me of an old blues song performed by Ruth Brown about a chair. Lyric was pretty risqué for the time, today is nothing. Enjoyed.
Carolyne
Posted By: Carolyne Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/13/14 03:46 AM
Thanks to all for your encouragement and words of wisdom. I appreciate this forum and the musicianship.
Posted By: Al-David Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/13/14 03:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Hi Carolyne, wow what a great vox! We've got some great jazzers aboard so you'll fit right in. I am not one of them but I can recognize talent when I hear it. You have a Billie Holiday vibe going on here and I really enjoyed it. Keep em coming and a sincere welcome to perhaps the greatest bunch of musicians on this planet.

Everything Don said and more! We do a lot of Smooth Jazz, Big Band and Easy listening. You sound terrific...great voice and a great song!

Al & Di

PS: Used to live in Bakersfield
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/13/14 02:35 PM
Carolyne,

Beautiful vocal. And nice backing. A very good mix. Like Guenter, I expect the piano to sound as though you are sitting at it yourself - although I've never heard a discussion on the topic... The opening piano "solo" seems a little "out of place" for the song that follows - it is fast and a bit "showy" while the song is relaxed and "lazy" (feel-wise, not the players or vocals, of course) - so that opening solo should have that same type of easy, relaxed feel to take you into that beautiful vocal...

floyd
Posted By: olemon Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/16/14 01:12 PM
Terrific! Wonderful voice and the mix is excellent. I can visualize the ensemble.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 03/17/14 04:44 AM
All I can say is WOW!!! I have never heard a song on this forum that works more naturally than this one!! You have captured the soul of club jazz!! Great stuff! Following you on Soundcloud. Keep it up. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Icelander Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 04/16/15 07:36 PM
Well, I said last time you've made a follower out of me, so now I'm digging into the list for your name. I got quite a few hits to browse through already, much to my delight, this one was up next and I'm definitely not disappointed yet!
Colour me mighty impressed cool
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/15/20 05:31 AM
I heard your song in the PG music radio. Nice tune, thanks for sharing. Yes, the piano solo sounds good. I usually find the auto-generated solos in BIAB rather unusable but this one works.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/15/20 05:54 PM
Loved it all, Carolyne..at first I thought I was listening to Dianne Schur! You did a great job conducting your combo, and the composition is first-class. Great work!
Posted By: musician17 Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/15/20 07:56 PM
Wow. My sincerest congratulations. A voice to melt even the stoniest of hearts. The whole thing is flawless, too - writing, production, etc. . Again, hats off for this one.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/16/20 12:16 AM
Very nice work. Is this song original? If so, it's an instant classic. If not, you made it your own. The band was smooth too.
Posted By: dcuny Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/16/20 04:54 AM
Man, I'm late for this train ride!

Jazz ballads are few and far between, despite BiaB excelling at this style.

Great singing! Excellent mix - and you really gave the pianist a chance to show their chops! laugh
Posted By: Scott C Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/16/20 11:53 PM
Lovely song. Loved your vocal. The piano was very cool dancing around your vocal. Well done
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/19/20 09:10 PM
I feel like I am in the nightclub listening. Very classic sounding.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: I Never Found A Rainbow - 12/19/20 09:35 PM
Well that was awesome, and you come across as someone who has experience doing the club rounds as I did myself Beautiful song, lyrics and Vocals ! stunning !.
© PG Music Forums