PG Music Home
Posted By: Gilley I’m a Deadbeat - 03/18/14 12:00 PM
The inspiration for this song was a certain woman who broke up with me after learning that I was not as financially secure as she had hoped. The intro uses BIAB style CAIRPGS (Celtic Air Fingerpicking Acoustic), then we switch to BG_BNJR (Bluegrass Pop) for the rest of the song. There’s a break which uses soloist 593 Fiddle. It’s all BIAB, no other instruments. The RealTracks were brought into Logic Pro X where the vocals were recorded and everything was mixed. No special effects, other than the reverb, compressors, etc. that come with Logic. All comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/mister-gilley/im-a-deadbeat
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/18/14 12:21 PM
Ha Ha

A bit of fun

Really liked the finish - I suppose I should've expected that.

Nicely put together

Trevor
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/18/14 01:13 PM
Gilley,

Excellent writing.

"I owe Mastercard and Visa
Uncle Joe and Aunt Teresa"

This ain't your first rodeo.... maintaining that level of humor (and quality) throughout a lyric is the mark of experience..

The production and mix are also top-notch. Tastefully done. Well recorded vocal.

Enjoyable - start to finish.

floyd
Posted By: Skyline Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/18/14 09:24 PM
Clever and very enjoyable!
Well done!

John
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/19/14 03:21 AM
Great work; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/19/14 11:28 AM
Hi Gilley
This is great! I absolutely love the line "I'm broke and brokenhearted". The way you have used the "stops"in BIAB also adds something. Well done.
Posted By: boehm Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/19/14 05:19 PM
Hi Gilley,

much fun to listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/20/14 02:37 AM
I had to listen once I saw that title. Excellent!! Rhyming lobster and mobster has got to be a first!!! The theme reminds me of a few things. A guy I used to work with told me of a T-shirt that said "I am not a success object". The other was from Diary of a Wimpy Kid that my son loves to read. His Uncle Gary got married, and his wife-to-be said "I have about 30 thousand dollars in the bank" to which he replied, "I have about 40" which turned out to be 40 dollars! I got a kick out of that, as did my son. Loved the ending of this one too!!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: tommyad Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/20/14 01:01 PM
Great write. The rhymes are unusual and terrific. A really fun listen. Thanks for posting. We want more!
Posted By: olemon Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/21/14 05:11 PM
What a riot!!! Terrific.

I didn't scroll to see what you would rhyme with 'lobster', but I guessed correctly:)

After that I was hooked, no pun intended, but truth be told you had me at 'moon...greasy spoon.'

And, as a native SD'tan, I appreciated that lyric as well.

This was refreshing and so well done. Take a bow.
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/22/14 09:26 AM
Loved it, sort of reminded me a bit of the bare naked ladies which is no bad thing. Really good, thanks for sharing.
Cheers Steve
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/22/14 12:39 PM
I was smiling through it.

Nice work on the lyrics and on the production, putting several styles and tempos together and making it flow smoothly.

totally enjoyed it.

I didn't know what to expect honestly with that title. Turns out, it is a very nicely written and produced comedy song.
Posted By: Digital Angel Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/23/14 10:34 PM
Great toon!

So I guess it's time we parted
Here's a little gift I farted:)

Your worth more to us here then any gold diggers shack!

DA...
Posted By: dani48 Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/24/14 07:52 AM
Hi, Gilley !:))

This could have been more than
hilarious if the undertone would not
have been kinda sad ! I hope you have
found another kind of friend nowadays ?
In any case, I also liked your tune
and performance very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/24/14 01:48 PM
Imaginative writing and a really creative arrangement. One of the more memorable songs posted here. Thanks for the opportunity to hear this!
Posted By: jphillips Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/24/14 06:30 PM
Gilley:

Once again, excellent lyrics. The same fine standard as your Comcast song. Good job. I really enjoyed this.

John
Posted By: Gilley Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/24/14 07:04 PM
Thanks for everyone taking the time to give feedback. Much appreciated. Glad I found this forum, there's some really nice work being posted here.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/28/14 02:42 PM
Gilley,
I'm so glad I didn't miss this one. I love humorous songs. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: Al-David Re: I’m a Deadbeat - 03/31/14 08:41 AM
Hi!

Good to "meet" you! We've only been here about 3 months. I think this is the first of your songs we've listened to.

I love humor. I'm am author and have written a three-book humorous series. Love creative and interesting humor and this has it. Not only that...it's superbly done!

We totally enjoyed our listen. Love that ending!!!! Best to you...

Al & Di
© PG Music Forums