PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Doctor Rock - 03/21/14 06:20 PM
Greetings Forum Friends,
First off, I've been listen to your latest songs in the forum and really been enjoying your work. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I have had time to comment much lately.
A couple of weeks ago my brother-in-law passed away suddenly and the family has been scrambling getting things in order. We've all been dealing with our grief together and in our own separate ways.
My wife and I wrote "Doctor Rock" as a tribute to Paul, the greatest rock guitarist I ever played with.
It's all RealTracks and me on keys and vocal. I carefully picked the RT to sound as close to Paul style and skill as possible. He was that good!
Thanks again to PG for creating such a wonderful music creation tool. I'll get RT and technicals posted when I return from the services.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12727687
http://soundclick.com/dcspacedog

SD
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Doctor Rock - 03/21/14 09:14 PM
A wonderful Rock Eulogy. My Sympathies for your loss.
Enjoyed the tune immensely however and I hope that Paul will rock the heavens.
cheers
ian
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Doctor Rock - 03/22/14 12:39 AM
My condolences to you and your family in your time of grief, the lyrics for this one are superb; flows so well and the vocal performance shines, you picked some nice lead tracks. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Doctor Rock - 03/24/14 03:11 PM
A wonderful tribute. I have often spliced up RT's to sound more like our friend and mentor who passed away too soon. I'm sure creating this tribute has helped you with the loss. It simply sounds fantastic! Thanks for the chance to hear this and RIP Paul.
Posted By: boehm Re: Doctor Rock - 03/24/14 03:59 PM
Hi SD,
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
My condolences to you and your family in your time of grief, the lyrics for this one are superb; flows so well and the vocal performance shines, you picked some nice lead tracks. Thanks for sharing!

A great tribute.

Guenter
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 03/24/14 08:16 PM
Greeatings Forumites,
Thanks for you kind words and sympathies. My mother-in-law is pretty torn up but rest of the family is hanging in there. Risky business that hard rock life-style.
We had a musical program for his services. Several friends and family members perfrormed. Paul's girl friend from the island brough back some of his recent recordings and finished program singing a duet of the accoustic version of "Layla." Very moving.
"Doctor Rock" went over well. I Introduced it after my memorial comments by saying we wanted to celebrate the essence and vitality of his life rather than mourn his passing.
I was most pleased that Paul's girl liked it since they were so close. She told me he would have loved it too. She's a singer on the island and asked for a version without my vocal track so she can sing at a the life-celebration she having for Paul when gets back home. I'm honored and humbled.

Sixchannel,
Thanks for listening and your thoughts.

Robert,
Thanks for your kind words. He could have used some spiritual direction along the way.

Janice and Bud,
Thanks for listening. It has been very comforting for me to focus on this rather than wallow in grief.

Guenter,
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

Here are the RTs. Thanks again to PGMusic for such a powerful and quality music creation tool.

RealTracks in style: 995:Bass, Electric, HardRockLA Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~~690:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 1001:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzySync Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~~524:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 165
RaealTracks added: 1735: Guitar Electri, Soloist TexasBluesRocNRollSol Ev 165
RealDrums in style: RockHardLA^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Loose HiHat

SpaceDog
Posted By: jphillips Re: Doctor Rock - 03/24/14 08:42 PM
SpaceDog:

That's a really nice way to honor your brother-in-law. Good job.

John
Posted By: dani48 Re: Doctor Rock - 03/24/14 10:51 PM
Hi, SD

Please accept my deepest condolences !
The tune you wrote with your wife is
a great tribute to Paul and performed
nicely too !:))

Regards
Dani
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Doctor Rock - 03/27/14 04:05 PM
SD,

A nice tribute. Sorry for your loss...

floyd
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 03/28/14 03:10 PM
John,
Thanks for listening and commenting. I'm glad you liked it.

Dani,
Good to hear from you my Finnish Friend. I appreciate you kind words.

Floyd,
Thanks for listening.

All,
I just found out I'm inheriting the Paul's accoustic guitar shown in the song photo. It will never sound the same but at least it will play on. A truly humbling experience.

SD
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Doctor Rock - 03/29/14 01:16 AM
Sorry for your loss. Very nice tribute! "If there's a rock and roll heaven, I bet they got a hell of a band" Take care. Greg
Posted By: rsdean Re: Doctor Rock - 03/29/14 12:40 PM
SD,

A beautiful dedication and tribute...

Bob
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Doctor Rock - 03/29/14 01:20 PM
Hi SD
What a wonderful tribute. I have serious lump in my throat. Stay strong!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Doctor Rock - 03/29/14 07:25 PM
First, please accept condolences from Di and me on your loss.

This a terrific way to memorialize him. What's not to like about this? The vocal is spot on and the mix is great. That lead guitar track was sweet! great production! I think he'd approve! Di and I sure do...

best from both of us,

Al & Di
Posted By: gibson Re: Doctor Rock - 03/30/14 05:00 PM
SD,

What a beautiful tribute.

Alyn
Posted By: RichMac Re: Doctor Rock - 03/30/14 09:06 PM
Like the song. Nice relaxed yet lively feel. Great lyrics. Wonderful tribute. Cheers.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 03/31/14 04:47 PM
Greg,
Thanks. We'll all be trading licks in that band someday. I better keep practicing!

Bob,
Thanks for your kind words. Always good to hear from you.
Josie,
I'm glad my song touched you since so many of yours have touched me as well.

Al&Di,
Thanks. I appreciate to your kind comments. Funny thing, when I played the recording for Paul girl friends she said, "He'd have loved this." That really choked me up.

Alyn,
Thanks for listening and your kind comment. Cool looking ax in your photo!!

Rich,
Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

SD
Posted By: tommyad Re: Doctor Rock - 03/31/14 05:24 PM
SD, Very nice tribute. Sorry for your loss. I know he's glad that you keep rocking. Way to go. Tom
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Doctor Rock - 04/07/14 01:57 PM
Hi SpaceDog,

I'm really sorry to hear about your family's loss. This composition of your wife's and yours is such a wonderful tribute.

My first impression is that this song is very different from what I've heard from your songbook. I like it. BIAB sure makes it fun to cross those lines that define our usual genres.

I enjoyed the listen. Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely,
Noel
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 04/24/14 04:39 PM
Tommy,
Thanks
SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 04/24/14 04:43 PM
Noel,
Thanks. You're right, this is not my typical genre but BIAB gives you fighting chance in any genre. I'll be posting another rock tune in a few weeks.
Thanks for listening.
SD
Posted By: Digital Angel Re: Doctor Rock - 04/24/14 11:26 PM
Although he may be gone; His soul keeps rockin’ on.

Rip buddy see ya soon!

My condolences to the family and you SD...

Stay strong.

DA...
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Doctor Rock - 04/26/14 03:02 AM
SD, very thoughtful of you guys to write this tribute. Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Doctor Rock - 02/26/15 05:58 PM
Dear Forum Friends,
Sorry for reposting a song I've already shared with you. It's been a year since my brother-in-law passed away. My wife has gone home to be with the family but I had to stay here and work. Since it such and empty, quiet house, I thought you all might make some noise with me listening to the tribute song we wrote for his funeral.
His girlfriend is playing a tribute concert for him tonight on his tropical island and she's going play this song as well.
Doctor Rock. He keeps rocking on!

SD
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Doctor Rock - 02/26/15 11:49 PM
Space Dog,

I missed this the first time around.

I think this was a great tribute, and it is also wonderful that you were able to provide your brother-in-law's girlfriend with a backing track so she can continue the memorial that you started.

I thought the song was very energetic and uplifting... good job!

On a different note, may I ask where you are located in Maryland? I go to Frederick county (Knoxville) occasionally... are you anywhere close?
Posted By: FredM Re: Doctor Rock - 02/27/15 09:53 AM
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Greetings Forum Friends,
First off, I've been listen to your latest songs in the forum and really been enjoying your work. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I have had time to comment much lately.
A couple of weeks ago my brother-in-law passed away suddenly and the family has been scrambling getting things in order. We've all been dealing with our grief together and in our own separate ways.
My wife and I wrote "Doctor Rock" as a tribute to Paul, the greatest rock guitarist I ever played with.
It's all RealTracks and me on keys and vocal. I carefully picked the RT to sound as close to Paul style and skill as possible. He was that good!
Thanks again to PG for creating such a wonderful music creation tool. I'll get RT and technicals posted when I return from the services.

SD

Space Dog,
Doctor Rock just made some considerable noize, far over the ocean... In Belgium...
We listened, and smiled and approved
great tribute!

Fred
© PG Music Forums